Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 42,515 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help installing a ROM on a Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon)

Tip us?
 
Snake2k
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default Need help installing a ROM on a Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon)

Soooo.... I rooted my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545), then I decided to install a custom ROM since the default TouchWiz rom is slower than a turtle stuck in a pile of wax. I installed Safestrap 3.71 (TWRP v2.6.3.1) and by mistake flashed my stock rom. Now my phone won't boot into any ROM since that is corrupt, but it still boots into recovery (that's a good thing I suppose). I have tried a number of Safestrap compatible roms (omni, cm, beanstalk) but they either end up giving me a black screen or a very weird looking pixelated blue/cyan screen. I have to remove the battery to reboot my phone. I tried using adb to wipe the data aswell but nothing works beyond recovery.
I have to rely on adb to push and pull data to and from the phone.
I was hoping if anyone had any idea what I should try to do next?
 
es0tericcha0s
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 503
Posts: 2,614
Join Date: May 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Probably best just to restart by flashing the stock firmware back to it with Odin.

Make sure you don't try to downgrade the firmware vs what you have now, as that can create a lot more issues than you want to deal with.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)
 
ikuni123
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 57
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Vienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake2k View Post
Soooo.... I rooted my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545), then I decided to install a custom ROM since the default TouchWiz rom is slower than a turtle stuck in a pile of wax. I installed Safestrap 3.71 (TWRP v2.6.3.1) and by mistake flashed my stock rom. Now my phone won't boot into any ROM since that is corrupt, but it still boots into recovery (that's a good thing I suppose). I have tried a number of Safestrap compatible roms (omni, cm, beanstalk) but they either end up giving me a black screen or a very weird looking pixelated blue/cyan screen. I have to remove the battery to reboot my phone. I tried using adb to wipe the data aswell but nothing works beyond recovery.
I have to rely on adb to push and pull data to and from the phone.
I was hoping if anyone had any idea what I should try to do next?
Have you cleared cache?
If you are not able to flash a custom rom, I would recommend you to flash a stock rom and begin from new. Also if you are on Android 4.4 you cannot use any recovery.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Snake2k
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
Probably best just to restart by flashing the stock firmware back to it with Odin.

Make sure you don't try to downgrade the firmware vs what you have now, as that can create a lot more issues than you want to deal with.
I'm just gonna give the Hyperdrive ROM a go, if that doesn't work, I'll definitely just go back to Stock I suppose and see what happens next. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikuni123 View Post
Have you cleared cache?
If you are not able to flash a custom rom, I would recommend you to flash a stock rom and begin from new. Also if you are on Android 4.4 you cannot use any recovery.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yep I cleared everything, weird problem lol. Its not 4.4 cus Verizon never released any for their S4s, but I'll definitely just head back to stock after I give Hyperdrive a chance Thanks!
 
es0tericcha0s
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 503
Posts: 2,614
Join Date: May 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake2k View Post
I'm just gonna give the Hyperdrive ROM a go, if that doesn't work, I'll definitely just go back to Stock I suppose and see what happens next. Thanks!



Yep I cleared everything, weird problem lol. Its not 4.4 cus Verizon never released any for their S4s, but I'll definitely just head back to stock after I give Hyperdrive a chance Thanks!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2634408

According to that, only 13 is supported. I dunno if the that thread hasn't been updated or whatever, but something to consider.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes