Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 40,101 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] remove philz recovery

Tip us?

ali414
Old
(Last edited by ali414; 19th April 2014 at 10:33 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] remove philz recovery

hi every body

i want to remove philz recovery

i use stock 205 rom on my xperia T with root & recovery
can you help me please????

hesbah
Old
(Last edited by hesbah; 19th April 2014 at 05:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
hi
as far as I know u should flash ur Stock ROM with flashtools.

Sent from my LT29i
The Following User Says Thank You to hesbah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ali414
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesbah View Post
hi
as far as I know u should flash ur Stock ROM with flashtools.

Sent from my LT29i
but i don't wanna lose my current rom & data

Mad Marty
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Why would you want to remove recovery? There is nothing you'll gain with that...

But you can flash a kernel that has no recovery added to your device. Make sure you use one of the 4.3 kernels. Not sure if there are any without recovery and with root though...

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Mad Marty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ali414
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Marty View Post
Why would you want to remove recovery? There is nothing you'll gain with that...

But you can flash a kernel that has no recovery added to your device. Make sure you use one of the 4.3 kernels. Not sure if there are any without recovery and with root though...

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app
thanks but i don't have stock kernet but flashed stock rom without wipe & exc. every thing except kernel but don't have any effect !!!!!

peter-k
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Are you using back normal CWM?
"I don't think we need comments/discussions on rules/guidelines."

ali414
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter-k View Post
Are you using back normal CWM?
No I don't need recovery for A while

Antiga Prime
Old
Thanks Meter 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali414 View Post
thanks but i don't have stock kernet but flashed stock rom without wipe & exc. every thing except kernel but don't have any effect !!!!!
I don't know why you're trying to remove the recovery, it makes no difference at all. If you had searched first in the Philz Recovery thread, you would have run into this, which tells you how to remove it.

But then again, if you flashed stock FTF ROM, then you have stock kernel. Just uncheck all of the "wipe" check boxes, and exclude all except the "kernel", and you'll get the stock kernel. Or you can extract the kernel.sin itself with 7zip or probably WinRar from the FTF, and flash that in fastboot mode.

As a recommendation, flashing a ROM without wiping /data and/or /system is, IMO, a bad idea. You can always backup/restore your data with apps like Titanium Backup.
MB525 - Bayer Camera - Slim-mb526-4.4.2.beta.2.4-UNOFFICIAL-20140120-1830
Sony Xperia TX LT29i - CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL_Hayabusa_build7
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Antiga Prime For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ali414
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up SOLVED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiga Prime View Post
I don't know why you're trying to remove the recovery, it makes no difference at all. If you had searched first in the Philz Recovery thread, you would have run into this, which tells you how to remove it.

But then again, if you flashed stock FTF ROM, then you have stock kernel. Just uncheck all of the "wipe" check boxes, and exclude all except the "kernel", and you'll get the stock kernel. Or you can extract the kernel.sin itself with 7zip or probably WinRar from the FTF, and flash that in fastboot mode.

As a recommendation, flashing a ROM without wiping /data and/or /system is, IMO, a bad idea. You can always backup/restore your data with apps like Titanium Backup.
thank you very much man my problem has been solved
verty thanks again.