Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,329 Members 38,922 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gear 2 Neo - Very Weak Vibration and aesthetic appeal

Tip us?

bennyhill
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by klinsukont View Post
Just wondering if you guys are older gentlemen? The neo is waaaaay better looking than the Gear 2 or Gear 1. But i would think that Grey metallic look would appeal to an older crowd and older definition of "Classy".
I like that question , yes I'm older 53 years young. And it's not the all black that I'm not sure I like (I also wear a Pebble) it's the feeling I'm not sure I like. My Gear 1 just feels better my opinion. I also miss the classic watch faces that include the date . You know us older fellows have a hard time remembering the date LOL. and it's nice to be able to just look down and it's there. I'm self employed so normally I wear what I like so that's not a problem. I just think I'm going to get an Gear 2 so it feels about the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to bennyhill For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rEVOLVE
Old
Thanks Meter 64
What I wish is for a way to set vibrate AND ringtone on the watch simultaneously. I'd always want at least vibrate, but if I have it on ring only, sometimes I'll be at a place where it's suddenly loud and you have no way of hearing the watch.

As for the build - it's definitely better than the Pebble, but just under the Metawatch Frame I used before getting the Pebble. I got the grey Neo, but if I keep it, I'll swap out for the black.

As for watchfaces, the thing I loved about the Pebble was being able to cycle through watchfaces by hitting one button. What I'm hinging on in whether I keep the Neo is down to whether I can duplicate the density of at-a-glance info on a watchface that I enjoy with Canvas on the Pebble. On workdays, I normally use a watchface that has the time, date, temperature, weather, next appt., audio volume state, connected wifi SSID, phone signal level, phone battery level, and watch battery level. It was busy, but legible, and to me, made the smartwatch much more handy than just having a replica of an analog watchface.

logichoops
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Im hoping its just a case of taking a bit of time for people to develop Tizen apps and tweaking by Samsung to the base offering.. got my pebble to fall back on but this looks a lot better than the pebble to me anyhow..

Breach
Old
Thanks Meter 160
I have the Gear 2, and came from the Galaxy Gear. I think it's classy and clean. I love the IR blaster and heart rate sensor. I don't really need the camera, but I didn't want the plastic body.

My wife opted for the Gear 2 Neo. She is happy with it, but one thing I noticed really quick with my Galaxy Gear and my Gear 2, if that when I am outside in the cold (I'm from Maine, so its just starting to warm up) the watch gets cold and it really chills your wrist, not the case with the Gear 2 Neo.

Regardless, we are both happy. My only complaint so far is the band should have been at least one size larger for the people with manly wrists.. lol. I mean, seriously. One more size and there would be a lot less complains online about the band. It's the same issue I had with the Galaxy Gear, but at least I can change the band now.
<-- If you found my comment helpful, please press the [THANKS] button.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Current: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Model: SM-N900T) - Rom: ViSiON X N3 KitKat 4.4 NB7 w/Samsung Gear 2 (Model: SM-R380)

polish_pat
Old
(Last edited by polish_pat; 20th April 2014 at 04:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 346

DONATE TO ME
I had the gear 1, and i picked up the neo because Rogers was selling it for 50$ to anybody that would buy an S5, and yes, i do feel like i miss the nice solid build, but hey, we all knew what the neo was and wasn't, it was cheaper than the price we all paid for our original Gear and yet, we all complain about the plastic feel when we all made the concious choice of buying the cheaper model when less than a year ago, we all threw out over 300$ for the original gear. You guys made a compromise by paying 100$ less, the option was there and no one took it, so i feel kinda dumb having this discussion about the plastic design of the new.

If we compare the Neo to the gear, well even the plastic model is a much better buy than the gear 1. I mean, i love this new watch. Design aside, how long did we have to wait for our damn gear to get proper notification, or have that stupid cradle to put it on, like a coffin, just to charge it. I love the neo because it's a good watch. I had the pebble, and the SW2, both sucked. The pebble was cool and all, but it felt like a kindle on my wrist. The SW2 had a color screen with a bad resolution, it was nice, but the apps sucked. The Neo is great, app wise, samsung have made great steps forward and they have left some of the stairs for developpers. I just can't wait to sideload apps made by devs on this.

As for battery life, i'm not sure how you guys use your watch, but i get an average of 25-40 notifications per day on the watch, i have the step counter on all the time and make approx 15 000 steps daily, i have sleep mode on every night, i auto-sync data every 3 hours and push the watch to refresh weather also every 3 hours, plus i have a bright blue background, i use the IR to change the channels and turn on and off my TV and STB, and yet, we are saturday evening and the last time i charged my Neo was on monday evening and i still have 23% left. So if i can keep this watch alive another 40 hours, it'll be a full 7 days on one charge, and this is a high res color screen, unlike the pebble that had an e-ink screen and lasted about as long as this. I actually think this is very impressive

EDIT: i did forget to mention that i turned off the "flick the wrist to turn on option" as it would light up during the night and light up my entire room and wake me

Naddict
Old
Thanks Meter 13,803
In order to keep information focused, please take all further discussion here...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2711793
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe