FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

[Q] WiFi won't turn on after 4.4.2 ODIN [SOLVED]

155 posts
Thanks Meter: 54
 
By 6uPMAH, Senior Member on 15th April 2014, 11:02 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
This has been a giant pain in the donkey. My wife has upgraded to GS5, so I took her old GS4 and decided to update to KitKat. I flashed a completely stock Samsung 4.4.2 ROM through ODIN. Since then I have not been able to turn on WiFi. The little thumb slider jumps back as soon as I try to enable it.

I've searched the web, and a few people reported this issue, but so far none of the remedies have worked.

Anyone know of a fix?
Last edited by 6uPMAH; 15th April 2014 at 11:31 PM.
 
 
15th April 2014, 11:17 PM |#2  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 1,029
 
More
Reflash the firmware

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
15th April 2014, 11:25 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 54
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22

Reflash the firmware

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Tried that multiple times. No go.

The firmware I was using is from Fenny's KK thread:

[ROM][STOCK][4.4.2][TMO Base][[ODEX]/[DEODEX+DEBLOAT-v1.3]]KitKat 3-29-2014

The one at the bottom of the OP, rebuilt, stock, with bootloader.

Fenny's rebuilt COMPLETELY STOCK ODIN compatible firmware that actually works, lol

Flashing it again now, for sh..ts and giggles...

UPDATE: Reflashing for sh..ts and giggles actually worked. Problem solved, not sure why or how.
Last edited by 6uPMAH; 15th April 2014 at 11:30 PM.
19th April 2014, 10:53 AM |#4  
bikrame's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 500
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6uPMAH

Tried that multiple times. No go.

The firmware I was using is from Fenny's KK thread:

[ROM][STOCK][4.4.2][TMO Base][[ODEX]/[DEODEX+DEBLOAT-v1.3]]KitKat 3-29-2014

The one at the bottom of the OP, rebuilt, stock, with bootloader.

Fenny's rebuilt COMPLETELY STOCK ODIN compatible firmware that actually works, lol

Flashing it again now, for sh..ts and giggles...

UPDATE: Reflashing for sh..ts and giggles actually worked. Problem solved, not sure why or how.

I have same issue , both bluetooth and wifi not working. How you make it work, can you explain little bit more please?
If you flashed via odin , did you try to root it again??

Sent from my GT-N8013 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th April 2014, 03:54 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 54
 
Donate to Me
More
Well, after flashing the stock KitKat ODIN twice, and no WiFi, I decided to go back to Jelly 4.3, since everything was working there. Unfortunately, flashing the KiKat odin image replaces the bootloader, so technically speaking there's no going back, and I knew that. Since I had nothing to lose, I went ahead with it. As expected, Jelly did not boot, it got stuck at the T-Mo logo animation. After about 10 minutes of looking at the logo, I pulled the battery. Then, for sh..ts a giggles, I decided to reflash the KitKat for the 3rd time, and voila, WiFi started working.

I don't know if trying to flash Jelly had anything to do with it, or if it was a coincidence, and the 3rd time flashing KitKat was the charm, but that's how I got it working for me.
Last edited by 6uPMAH; 19th April 2014 at 04:05 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 6uPMAH For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2014, 05:58 PM |#6  
bikrame's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 500
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6uPMAH

Well, after flashing the stock KitKat ODIN twice, and no WiFi, I decided to go back to Jelly 4.3, since everything was working there. Unfortunately, flashing the KiKat odin image replaces the bootloader, so technically speaking there's no going back, and I knew that. Since I had nothing to lose, I went ahead with it. As expected, Jelly did not boot, it got stuck at the T-Mo logo animation. After about 10 minutes of looking at the logo, I pulled the battery. Then, for sh..ts a giggles, I decided to reflash the KitKat for the 3rd time, and voila, WiFi started working.

I don't know if trying to flash Jelly had anything to do with it, or if it was a coincidence, and the 3rd time flashing KitKat was the charm, but that's how I got it working for me.

I guess you use fennys tar , didnt you ??

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th April 2014, 01:15 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 54
 
Donate to Me
More
Yes, I used Fenny's ODIN file. I have a link to it in the OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to 6uPMAH For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2014, 02:10 PM |#8  
MikeySmikey's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 224
 
More
Re-flashing Fenny's file in Odin works.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeySmikey For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes