Search This thread

Maxr1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 15, 2013
Germany
maxr1998.de
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
Can you try 340MHz min freq? I don't get that problem more than once in 3 weeks.

I have the same issue, I is nearly happening always, after the device had been sleeping for a while. I am using DeepSleep battery saver which turns device into deepsleep after 2 min screen off. BTW, did you see my response to your post above (about usbhost)?

Sent using my nexus⁴ running Stock 4.4.2 with Xposed, GravityBox, XThemes and hells-Core B46 KK t4

sgt. meow

Dec 21, 2011
Dhaka
Regarding the USB issue, I have already thought of a fix, but haven't tried it yet. If you want to test it, lemme know via PM and I'll send it over.
Regarding the extra deep sleep issue, I'm working on it.

montbazon

Mar 14, 2012
Berlin
I have the same issue, I is nearly happening always, after the device had been sleeping for a while. I am using DeepSleep battery saver which turns device into deepsleep after 2 min screen off. BTW, did you see my response to your post above (about usbhost)?

Sent using my nexus⁴ running Stock 4.4.2 with Xposed, GravityBox, XThemes and hells-Core B46 KK t4

I remember that.
You downed backlight min value, right?
That make over 11.
You should be set too low.

나의 Nexus S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Reactions: Maxr1998

Maxr1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 15, 2013
Germany
maxr1998.de
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
Just had a kernel crash, tablet just freezed after turning screen on, wondering why WiFi was disconnected and entering WiFi settings via QS before showing content (showed only titlebar)

EDIT: got second freeze crash while trying to mark and copy all content of extracted last_kmsg.txt file with DroidEdit for posting on pastebin...sry guys :(
I will try to give you the logs later

Log 1: http://pastebin.com/0YmeQ1Bm
Log 2: http://pastebin.com/jNz6EvJq

Sent using my nexus7 running Stock 4.4.2 with Xposed, GravityBox and XHaloFloatingWindow and Oxydo #17 with F2FS

Last edited:
Reactions: sgt. meow

keneth_c

Feb 16, 2013
Dubai
Regarding the USB issue, I have already thought of a fix, but haven't tried it yet. If you want to test it, lemme know via PM and I'll send it over.
Regarding the extra deep sleep issue, I'm working on it.

Sorry dev... Didn't find the time to do the "dmesg" thingy u asked about...

I had the same issue today as well... Had to continously click the power button 2-3 times to get the device to wake up...

I'm travelling in 2 days or so... And won't be able to help in any way.... Apologies...

--
Sent from my Samsung S3 (GT-i9300) on Sammy JB 4.3 (NB6) powered by Boeffla kernel via Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

Just had a kernel crash, tablet just freezed after turning screen on, wondering why WiFi was disconnected and entering WiFi settings via QS before showing content (showed only titlebar)
last_kmsg: XXX

EDIT: got second freeze crash while trying to mark and copy all content of extracted last_kmsg.txt file with DroidEdit for posting on pastebin...sry guys :(
I will try to give you the logs later

Sent using my nexus7 running Stock 4.4.2 with Xposed, GravityBox and XHaloFloatingWindow and Oxydo #17 with F2FS

Had my device freeze on me too... But couldn't retrace the steps... Wasn't too sure if it was kernel related either...

--
Sent from my Samsung S3 (GT-i9300) on Sammy JB 4.3 (NB6) powered by Boeffla kernel via Tapatalk

sgt. meow

Dec 21, 2011
Dhaka
@Maxr1998
Thanks for the logs.
[ 4207.821826] CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_disconnect : Reason 3
[ 4227.636778] tegra-i2c tegra-i2c.2: I2c error status 0x00000008
[ 4604.487160] CFG80211-ERROR) wl_notify_pfn_status : >>> PNO Event
[ 5958.203417] CFG80211-ERROR) wl_notify_connect_status : link down, calling cfg80211_disconnected with deauth_reason:6
From the first kmsg, your WiFi was acting up. I'll check to see what that's related yo.
The second is quite normal. Except for the fact that the tegra-i2c error popped up twice or thrice.

The problem is I get none of these, so it'll be a little hard for me to reproduce and fix.
@keneth_c
Chill bro. No sweat. I think I got what I needed.

keneth_c

Feb 16, 2013
Dubai
@Maxr1998
Thanks for the logs.
[ 4207.821826] CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_disconnect : Reason 3
[ 4227.636778] tegra-i2c tegra-i2c.2: I2c error status 0x00000008
[ 4604.487160] CFG80211-ERROR) wl_notify_pfn_status : >>> PNO Event
[ 5958.203417] CFG80211-ERROR) wl_notify_connect_status : link down, calling cfg80211_disconnected with deauth_reason:6
From the first kmsg, your WiFi was acting up. I'll check to see what that's related yo.
The second is quite normal. Except for the fact that the tegra-i2c error popped up twice or thrice.

The problem is I get none of these, so it'll be a little hard for me to reproduce and fix.
@keneth_c
Chill bro. No sweat. I think I got what I needed.

Thanks dev...

--
Sent from my Nexus 7 (tilapia) using Tapatalk

miki67

Aug 6, 2007
I have the same issue with USB and oxydo-v17... No power via usb OTG cable, so flashpen (Nexus Media Importer) and mouse do not work anymore. :(

Please fix it, thank you ;)

Have you tried setting fixed_install_mode to 0? Because it should work normally within the ROM.

Ok, now it work, ...thank you :cowboy:

This is a temporary workaround... Every reboot "fixed_install_mode" goes back to "1" :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Presenting Oxydo kernel for the Nexus 7 Grouper and Tilapia

14 - 1.jpg

1. Features

Nothing here. Move along to post #2. See the changelog.
    [/LIST]

2. Instructions
    Flash in recovery. You know how to.

3. Warning and disclaimer
    The usual. I am not responsible for any harm caused to your tablet by this kernel. You decide whether you want to flash this or not and therefore you face the consequences. But don't worry. This has been tested and the results were pretty good.

4. Downloads
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pwe87rpzciojb9z/I3UHL9pLE4
    Notes are available in changelog.
    GENERAL:
    1) For modules ZIPs, extract and insmod manually.
    2) The last one is usually for the latest version of Android.

5. SOURCE: https://github.com/souljaboy11792/oxydo-grouper

6. Credits
    In no specific order
    • franciscofranco
    • flar2
    • Mahdi-786
    • Metallice
    • spasrksco
    • _motley
    • ashik992
    • faux123
    • show-p1984
    • intersectRaven
    • davidmore
    • poondog
    • Tasssadar
    • redeyedjedi
    • dexviajiboy
    • Everyone else whose patches I may have used directly or indirectly
    • Google and Android
    • Supporters and testers and well-wishers and haters and random people.
    • Allah Almighty
    7. Changelog
    • V1 (XX)
      • Initial release
      • Linux 3.2.46
      • Franco's hotplug
      • Various small changes

• V2 (XX)
      • JRCU
      • Scaling bug fixed. Goes as far as 102MHz now.
      • Slight (pointless, but fun) increase in RAM (about 0.5MB), as logger is compiled as module.
      • Included hso.ko and ppp_async.ko modules on user demand. ( @xDeadaheaDx )
      • Included Lazy CPU governor and ZEN I/O scheduler on user demand. ( @ckisgen )
      • Updated to Linux 3.2.47

• V3 (XX)
      • Merged changes required for 4.3.
      • Updated to Linux 3.2.49.
      • Fixed ADB issues that persisted on stock kernel.
      • No longer build the modules because I think unsigned modules loading is messed up now. Have to check.

• V4 (XX)
      • Ramdisk from M-KERNEL. Fixes all issues.
      • New method for enabling/disabling logger (more info in 3rd post).

• V5 (XX)
      • Sysfs interface to control min/max backlight. Highly experimental. Referenced M-KERNEL. Check post #3.

• V6 (XX)
      • Backlight control still isn't fixed. Going to try something else now.
      • sweep2wake and doubletap2wake in experimental versions. Check post #3.

• V7 (XX)
      • New code for min/max backlight and brightness. Check post #3
      • sweep2wake and doubletap2wake given newer life thanks to flar2.
      • Reverted to 446MHz GPU OC.

• V8 (XX)
      • Added shortsweep option.
      • Enabled AUDIT to fix SELinux issues.
      • Added a table in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq (gpuc_UV_mV_table) that shows the clock speed and voltage applied to GPU. Intended for it to be rw but it cannot be saved for some reason.
      • Updated ASIX drivers to USB 3.0.
      • hso and ppp_async as modules.
      • CIFS (optional) available as module.
      • Enabled KSM.

• V9 (XX)
      • Decreased s2w timeout to allow more time for valid swipes.
      • Fix s2s in portrait mode.
      • Fix mounts in the ramdisk. They are as hey should be now.
      • Added USB DAC patches (please try this and lemme know whether this works)
      • Added USB host mode patch.
      • May be more changes but I'm too tired right now.

• V10 (XX)
      • Dynamic Fsync. Credits - faux123.
      • Reverted the USB hostmode patches that broke OTG.
      • smartassv2 governor as a module. Credits - Ricardo Gomez.
      • Changed dithering mode to fix gradients.
      • Another attempt at USB DACs. Please test it.
      • 700MHz GPU OC as default. Set it to boot at 446MHz if you want to (will stick properly). Certain freqs that are not listed as steps in the DVFS will not stick.

• V11 (XX)
      • 600MHz GPU OC as default. Scales properly now. Don't increase in TricksterMOD (doesn't stick between boots; supposed to be that way because 600+MHz causes screen turds). Decreasing works.

• V11-446 (XX)
      • V11 with 446MHz GPU default. Should reduce FCs.

• V12 (11th October, 2013)
      • Switched to 484MHz GPU OC.
      • Switched to SLAB on user request.
      • Introduced wake_locks to help with wake functions.
      • Introduced sysfs parameter to control area of screen that can be used to complete s2s.

• V13 (8th November, 2013)
      • Now has s2w and s2s portrait mode area parameters exposed to sysfs.
      • PPP and hso now built inline
      • smartass2 tunables exposed to sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/smartass2. Takes ages and at least ten Terminal Windows to configure.
      • Uses zImage, so compatible with every 4.3+ ROM for now. Even 4.4.
      • cifs.ko module already in ZIP file so bye-bye modules.zip

• V14 (27th November, 2013)
      • Now s2w and s2s trigger area are in sysfs (properly; no modular interface now).
      • logger enabled by default.
      • Use UKSM
      • GPU OC till 750 supported (may be unsupported in some devices; but it works).
      • OTF scaling included.
      • t3_variant info in debugfs.
      • Include smartmax governor from maxwen. Really good.
      • Updated to 4.4 source.

• V15 (16th December, 2013)
      • All s2s trigger area functions are in android_touch (even landscape ones)
      • USB hostmode patches added. Check FAQ
      • USB DAC patches added but I dunno if this works
      • logger has been allocated even less RAM. Some of it is there just so you can debug crap.
      • audit debug is disabled.
      • interactive governor updated from Francisco Franco's repo.
      • smartmax is now the default governor.
      • Updated to 4.4.1 (??) source. I don't really remember.
      • Updated all the way to Linux 3.2.53 (the last in the 3.2.y series). First ever grouper kernel to do so. There are some nasty reverts though.

• V15 SELinux=disabled (19th December, 2013)
      NOTE:FLASH THIS ONLY IF THE OTHER VERSION DOESN'T WORK. PLEASE HAVE A BACKUP OF THE ENTIRE TABLET ESPECIALLY THE BOOT PARTITION BEFORE EXPERIENTING.
      • SELinux disabled. Hopefully fixes fragmentation issues over Kit Kat ROM. Just a temporary fix for now.
    • V16 (2nd February, 2014)
      • Linux 3.2.54.
      • interactive governor updated from Francisco Franco's repo.
      • BFQ scheduler
    • V16-aospal (2nd February, 2014)
      • Selinux disabled for a few kk ROMs like aospal.
    • V17 (11th April, 2014)
      • Linux 3.2.56.
      • SELinux disabled by default.
      • f2fs support (thanks @ss2man44). RAMDISK NOT INCLUDED!! Flash LegoKernel first and then oxydo over that to have f2fs and oxydo kernel.
      • baseband_xmm wakelock given timeout. More info in post #3.
      • Stock hotplug.
      • Various changes here and there.
    • V18 (8th June, 2014)
      • Merged changes for 4.4.3 from Google
      • Revert to Franco's initial hotplug routine, and instad of disabling screen, just disable framebuffer for faster wakeups. Courtesy of franciscofranco.
    8. FAQ
    1. How do I enable logger? What about hso and ppp_async?

Ans:
    For builds with modules:
    Download the modules zip. Unzip them to you sdcard, and note the path. Fire up the Terminal. Issue these commands one by one:
    Code:
    su
    insmod /path/to/logger.ko (only in V2)
    insmod /path/to/hso.ko
    insmod /path/to/cifs.ko
    insmod /path/to/ppp_async.ko
    To check whether they are working (they are, don't worry):
    Code:
    lsmod
    Should output something like
    logger.ko 54334 [permanent] ... blah.
    You can also try:
    Code:
    dmesg | grep "logger"
    dmesg | grep "hso"
    ppp_async doesn't show any message.
    To disable hso.ko and ppp_async.ko (you can't disable logger.ko once it's insmod'ed, but a simple reboot will rmmod it):
    Code:
    rmmod hso.ko
    rmmod ppp_async.ko

For builds without modules:
    To enable logger (it is off by default), issue this command in Terminal Emulator
    Code:
    echo "1" > sys/kernel/logger_mode/logger_mode
    To disable it, just echo 0 instead.

2. Why won't my device reach 51MHz even though it's listed in the frequency list?
    Ans: I have set the min rate for G cores to 102MHz. 51MHz IMO is a very stupid frequency in that it will do nothing basically. Even my 3 year old cellphone doesn't stay at 51MHz. It should be a LP core frequency (it actually was) but since Franco's hotplug driver doesn't call on the LP core, it's not reachable.

3. How do I control minimum - maximum backlight through sysfs?
    Let me begin by saying that this feature is highly experimental. I can tell though that it works.
    Okay so in /sys/module/board_grouper_panel/parameters you'll see two files:
    min_bl - Write in a reasonable value preferably at least 30 less than max_bl. Default is 10. Not safe. Switch to 11.
    max_bl - Write in a reasonable value preferably at least 30 more than min_bl.
    This is what happens. *takes deep breath*
    When your brightness is greater than zero but less than the min_bl, it gets changed to the min_bl. And when it's greater than max_bl, it's changed to max_bl. Otherwise it's just normal brightness levels (where's the fun in that, right? :))
    PLEASE DON'T WRITE THE VALUES OF min_bl OR max_bl WHILE YOU'RE HIGH, DRUNK OR JUST DOWNRIGHT BAT-CRAP CRAZY!
    There's no limit to the madness that may happen as a result.

4. How do I configure sweep2wake and doubleetap2wake? What exactly are they?
    Sweep2wake and doubletap2wake are basically two versions of the same thing - they wake your device up after you have put it to sleep (not metaphorically) without using the physical buttons on the side. This is still slightly buggy. If at first it doesn't work. Touch the screen once and then tap it twice.
    For sweep2wake/sleep you basically swipe along the bezels (not on the bezels though) where the soft keys would be.
    For doubletap2wake, just tap twice on the screen during sleep, and it should wake up.
    To configure sweep2wake go to /sys/android_touch and open up sweep2wake
    0 = disbaled
    1 = sweep2wake/sleep
    2 = sweep2sleep
    To configure doubletap2wake go to /sys/android_touch and open up doubletap2wake
    0 = disabled
    1 = enabled
    To configure shortsweep go to /sys/android_touch and open up shortsweep
    0 = disabled.
    1 = enabled.
    This drains battery a little faster than stock would, so yeah. Don't use it (i.e. disable it) if you want to save battery, or set up a script.
    There is also a wake_timeout file. It holds the time that the dt2w wakelock will remain active after the screen is suspended.
    NOTE: s2w wakelock times aren't configurable and it will stay on for 15 seconds after the screen has been suspended.
    Insert the time in seconds. (60 = 1 minute; 3600 = 1 hour)
    If both are disabled no wakelocks are registered and held.

5. How do I get USB OTG to work?
    Go to /sys/kernel/usbhost.
    echo 0 to usbhost_fixed_install_mode.
    I haven't tested (hostmode, and fast charge/hostmode charge) this myself, so feedback is appreciated.
    You need StickMount unless your ROM supports native OTG.

6. Why is SELinux disabled?
    To get it booting on some Kit Kat ROMs. Booting in permissive may work, but I haven't tested it yet.

8. Why is my device so awesome now?
    OH STAHP IT YOU! And you weren't reading carefully enough, otherwise you would have pointed out that I missed #7.

69. <== LOL!11eleventy!!1! How do I configure baseband wakelock timeout?
    Go to /sys/module/baseband_xmm_power/parameters and open up the bb_timeout file.
    0 means the wakelock will be held for 1 second after it is acquired.
    Values are in seconds.
    I used timeout instead of disabling it completely because, although there have been no problems reported, thus far, to arise from this modification, it's better to be safe (not disabling completely but making it timeout after a while) than sorry (losing functionality although it seems unlikely)

9. A POST ON RECOMMENDED SETTINGS AND STUFF
    "Interactive @ 1.5GHz and GPU @ 484MHz (or even 446MHz) + no screen wake controls (if you don't use them) should give you excellent battery life and performance. You can adjust CPU speeds too."
    - sgt. meow
    Idea of @keneth_c
    Oh and this works awesome with the IceColdJelly AOKP ROM for Tilapia. Be sure to try it out.
    Works fab on 4.3 stock. Don't believe in benchmarks though.
    V14 is out. And so am I for a few weeks. Enjoy.
    V12 is out. Test and report. Check out the new feature in the FAQ (haven't explained it properly, but it's awesome and simple). Will have a video up soon.