Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,710 Members 39,905 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why is this forum for Verizon gs5 slow?

Tip us?

Guadalupeohara
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.electron View Post
not hopeful. unless there is a leak from inside samsung.

look at the note 3. its pretty dead from an AOSP perspective. and even TW based roms, nobody can apply future kernel upgrades so its a dead end route.

at this point anyone who wants anything custom from their phones should probably not look at Samsung devices.
Not bad for me. i think some people not know how to use it perfectly.. i Hope it will increased ASAP..

husky88
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Default You don't have to wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushless View Post
No root would mean much smaller traffic here. Then you have rubes like me waiting (perhaps futilely) for a 32gb model who will stick with their S4 until one is offered.
I felt the same way as you but didn't want to wait. Keep an eye on slickdeals for a fast 64gb micro sd. The new fast ones (I got the Samsung Plus 64gb) and honestly you can really notice the read write time performance. I'm never waiting for apps/pics/vids to load from my micro sd on this phone. It's just like internal memory. I directly compared this with my slightly older sandisk 64gb micro from last year and it's night and day. I got it for $32 on a deal but it's $46 now on amazon. It won't let me post external links since I'm new.

Totally worth being an early adopter. Order your 16GB S5 with that card and don't look back. If you need a ton of space down the road, get a fast 128gb micro sd when it launches.

Might be blabbering here.. but you can't discount the speed of sd cards. You can't think of it like 48mb/s, but more like 10mb/.2 seconds. This little bursts are what your apps and other things need to boot quickly.

Chucky5150
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I got the S3 the day it come out on Verizon. There were issues with a locked bootloader and what-not with that. It was just a matter of time until you could unlock it with a simple app install.

I do like my S5 as it is. I do hope with time there'll be work arounds for what Verizon had put in place.

bobbarker2
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky5150 View Post
I got the S3 the day it come out on Verizon. There were issues with a locked bootloader and what-not with that. It was just a matter of time until you could unlock it with a simple app install.

I do like my S5 as it is. I do hope with time there'll be work arounds for what Verizon had put in place.
You are obviously not acquainted with changes made since the S3. Take a look at the S4 forums, the only way you can unlock the bootloader is if your phone came with a specific firmware and you did not do any OTA updates to change it. This is because of a specific exploit found in that version, which Samsung/Verizon quickly patched and the phone has been locked down ever since. Sure, it's possible that an exploit will be found in the VZW S5 but it won't be something simple as downloading an app and clicking "Unlock". And you can believe as soon as it's public, it will get patched with an OTA.

das7982
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 285

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky5150 View Post

I vividly remember this as well. It's only a matter of time before root or bootloader unlock is achieved. Some developer out there will want to come to the rescue. I know several that love playing hero

Follow Me @Bash_array

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 26,202

DONATE TO ME
Not very conducive to development
Don't buy locked down devices if you want quick development

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe