How to use SMGVER.EXE on stock roms (.SBF's)
I've found that several people on XDA-Developers are confused or asking, how to use it or even wondering why the black window keep showing when they try to apply the sgmver.exe to a SBF. Most of the instructions I've seen are something like: Apply SGMVER to SBF...
Well, we need the following tools:
We can use RDS lite 6.x to decompress the SBF if is in .gz format.
1. We start MotoAndroidDepacker once we have the SBF we wanna analyze
2. Click open from file and select the desired SBF file
3. Click split to folder and wait 'till it finish
4. Open the folder named affer the original sbf filename with the "extracted" addition,you'l find there de contents of the SBF.
5. Place (copy paste) the SGMVER.EXE and the VER.BAT files in that directory
6 Click the VER,BAT file and you are done.
A window will show you the bl version of the SGM files, it is common some of them have no signature data and it is normal, will display "no signatured data found. Close the window to finish, you can delete the files you pasted if you are going to repack them to a sbf.
I hope this minitutorial helps you,
Visit and subscribe my YouYube as knomon
youtube.com/user/knomon I will make some video tutorials there.
Thaks a lot,