[Q] How to go back to latest stock ROM?

OP naga.nino

20th April 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 35

143 posts
More
Hi. I just got my Moto G few days ago and I unlocked bootloader, rooted etc. So because of unlocking bootloader I guess I will not be able to get official motorola updates any more. My phone arrived with kk already, but I had some OTA update as soon as I turned the phone on and now it runs on 176.44.1.falcon_utms.Retail.en.GB. Now I want to explore some custom ROM-s and my question is how to go back to this ROM my phone is running on right now from custom rom? In this link http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=14 I can see that the latest ROM I can flash is Blur_Version.174.44.9.falcon_umts.Retail.en.GB. As 176 is higher than 174 I guess that my phone is running on latter ROM.
In general, is there a way to update to latest stock ROM-s from Motorola after unlocking the bootloader?
20th April 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 22

141 posts
Yes you can! I recently flash that particular UK ROM and even though it was 4.4.2 I still got an OTA update which had "rare network drops, low sound and etc" in the changelogs, so I'd assume it's the same one you mentioned earlier in your post. Also, I should mention that I didn't receive said update on my Retail Asia ROM or on GPE ROM (that's what I'm currently on). So in the nutshell, unlocking bootloader doesn't stop OTA updates rooting does.
Last edited by BaghiXDA; 20th April 2014 at 10:50 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to BaghiXDA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Osijek

143 posts
More
That is good to know, thank you, but why would rooting itself stop OTA? Usually devices lose drm keys after unlocking a bootloader, I don't see why would rooting itself wipe drm... I guess you don't lose drm after unlocking bootloader than... That is very kind of Motorola.

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th April 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 22

141 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by naga.nino

That is good to know, thank you, but why would rooting itself stop OTA? Usually devices lose drm keys after unlocking a bootloader, I don't see why would rooting itself wipe drm... I guess you don't lose drm after unlocking bootloader than... That is very kind of Motorola.

Well the unlocking bootloader procedure is mentioned on their own website, so that could be it I guess?.
Last edited by BaghiXDA; 20th April 2014 at 02:24 PM.
20th April 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Osijek

143 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaghiXDA

Well the unlocking bootloader procedure is mentioned on their own website, so that could be it I guess?.

So it is at Sony mobile website but you still loose drm and official updates.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread