Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,028 Members 37,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Please help me about Xperia M CWM and ROM flashing

Tip us?

neroyoung
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,393
Question [Q] Please help me about Xperia M CWM and ROM flashing

Hi,
My bro owns Xperia M and wanted to install CWM / TWRP on it so he can flash custom ROM. I want to help him but I don't want to unlock it's bootloader. Can you please link me to threads where I can get CWM for locked bootloaders and flash rooted custom ROMs?
If this is not possible at all then please link me to bootloaders unlocking thread and kernel threads, I am just not willing to take risk as it is not my handset.

Thanks...

gamer649
Old
Thanks Meter 323

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by neroyoung View Post
Hi,
My bro owns Xperia M and wanted to install CWM / TWRP on it so he can flash custom ROM. I want to help him but I don't want to unlock it's bootloader. Can you please link me to threads where I can get CWM for locked bootloaders and flash rooted custom ROMs?
If this is not possible at all then please link me to bootloaders unlocking thread and kernel threads, I am just not willing to take risk as it is not my handset.

Thanks...
Hi, currently there is no CWM for locked bootloader, it is all for unlocked bootloaders. You will have to unlock the bootloader (you can find out how to do that if you search the forums) and then install a custom kernel (again, search the forums).

Sent from my C1905 using xda app-developers app
My Devices:
My Phone: Sony Xperia Z1 Compact | ROM: Modified Stock | Base Firmware/BuildNumber: 14.4.A.0.108 | Android Version: 4.4.4 | Kernel: Stock (Unlockable Bootloader) | Network: giffgaff Stolen
My Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (2012) | ROM: CM11 | Base Firmware/Build Number: 11-20140527-NIGHTLY-grouper | Android Version: 4.4.4 | Kernel: CM11 | Network: N/A
Backup/Development Phone: Sony Xperia M C1905

Vroyaloko
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by neroyoung View Post
Hi,

Thanks...
here: http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/ just follow the steps.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2494793 -->for the CWM
Good Luck mate!
The Following User Says Thank You to Vroyaloko For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe