Originally Posted by dottat
In that case you hold power and volume buttons until the phone tells you it's going to restart or vibrates or you see the screen flash. Depending on what mode you are in it will do different things. At this point you can release power and move to only volume down.
If timed correctly you will land in hboot. Practice makes perfect.
Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
dottat, thank you for your post. You are correct. This requires quite a bit of proper timing to succeed. To recap: In case you are in fast-boot power mode and/or have your phone encrypted and power+vol_down doesn't get you into hboot:
1. Power down the phone.
2. Hold volume_up and power.
3. Keep holding the above, you should see the animated HTC splash show up.
4. Keep holding the above, the screen will go dark.
5. Once the screen goes dark, quickly release power and volume_up and press volume_down.
6. If timed perfectly, you should land in hboot menu.
Thanks again to dottat for pointing it out.