MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Current status of rooting/custom ROMs?

OP cc16177

20th April 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 196

690 posts
So I just ordered an AT&T Note 3 and from what I'm reading it appears that I should be hoping it does NOT come with KK preinstalled, correct?

Everything I see tells me that if I'm on KK there is no current root method, yes?

Also, if I am able to root am I able to use the custom Roms available? I'm coming from a Nexus 5 so everything seems much more complicated over here 😛

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
20th April 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,243

8,801 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc16177

So I just ordered an AT&T Note 3 and from what I'm reading it appears that I should be hoping it does NOT come with KK preinstalled, correct?

Everything I see tells me that if I'm on KK there is no current root method, yes?

Also, if I am able to root am I able to use the custom Roms available? I'm coming from a Nexus 5 so everything seems much more complicated over here ��

Sure you can root KK roms, but KNOX will be triggered to 0x1 and warranty could be voided (depending on where you live). Btw i came from a N5 too
20th April 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

690 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Sure you can root KK roms, but KNOX will be triggered to 0x1 and warranty could be voided (depending on where you live). Btw i came from a N5 too

If I don't care about voiding my warranty can I accept the official KK update and still get root?

Also, how do you like it compared to the N5? Did you keep your N5 or sell it?

20th April 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen

8,801 posts
More
Quote:

If I don't care about voiding my warranty can I accept the official KK update and still get root?

Also, how do you like it compared to the N5? Did you keep your N5 or sell it?

Where do you live? You can download the latest available 4.4.2 rom from here http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/2/ and flash it with Odin 3.07. After that flash a custom recovery and then flash the latest superSU.zip in recovery and you`re set. You can also flash a prerooted custom rom straight with a custom recovery. I sold my N5 cause i`am excited about the coming OnePlusOne phone and i might just try that one.
20th April 2014, 06:00 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

690 posts
Quote:

Where do you live? You can download the latest available 4.4.2 rom from here http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/2/ and flash it with Odin 3.07. After that flash a custom recovery and then flash the latest superSU.zip in recovery and you`re set. You can also flash a prerooted custom rom straight with a custom recovery. I sold my N5 cause i`am excited about the coming OnePlusOne phone and i might just try that one.

I live in CT. I'm reading online that its not possible to root KK on the ATT version. What carrier are you on?

20th April 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen

8,801 posts
More
Quote:

I live in CT. I'm reading online that its not possible to root KK on the ATT version. What carrier are you on?

Mine is unlocked, there are no locked phones in the Netherlands thank god. Its best you look around in the ATT Forum, you will get more info and help there, link http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-3-att
20th April 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

690 posts
Quote:

Mine is unlocked, there are no locked phones in the Netherlands thank god.Its best you look around in the ATT Forum, you will get more info and help here

Yes it appears the att one is locked. When I originally posted this I thought I was in the att thread lol

Thanks anyways

20th April 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen

8,801 posts
More
Quote:

Yes it appears the att one is locked. When I originally posted this I thought I was in the att thread lol

Thanks anyways

There are custom roms available in the att forum so it must be possible to root it i guess
20th April 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

690 posts
Quote:

There are custom roms available in the att forum so it must be possible to root it i guess

Yeah as long as the one I bought ships with JB still I can root and then update to KK it seems. If it comes with KK I'm without root for now I guess.

We'll see! Fingers crossed

20th April 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen

8,801 posts
More
Quote:

Yeah as long as the one I bought ships with JB still I can root and then update to KK it seems. If it comes with KK I'm without root for now I guess.

We'll see! Fingers crossed

KK, good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread