Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,756 Members 50,895 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Must use new sim

Tip us?

scott14719
Old
Thanks Meter 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by laofan View Post
Pretty sure the new gray sim card is built out of security to use ISIS ( an E- wallet that use money in your cellphone account, etc ).
When I switch from G2 to Note 3, the guy in AT&T store ask me to change the sim card.

The season is just to make sure ISIS is secure when you doing transaction using your phone
Well, that's exactly what I said to start with but the OP insisted a new SIM was needed for LTE.
SGH-I337 (AT&T) 32GB
P-ROM (1st Gen.), De-Odexed, AMDL
Rooted
Auto-LOKI OUDHS CWM

Make sure you read and understand the "PINNED" threads in the "General" and "Q & A" sections of the AT&T S4 forum BEFORE you ask for help. Use the forum's "search" function to find posts with additional information. You should not expect others to help you if you haven't tried to help yourself first. Also, read, understand, and follow the "XDA" rules.

drdingo21
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Also using a SIM that is about 2 years old.

On top of that I was constantly (like 2-3 times a week) switching between an S4, Nexus 5, and an iphone 5 with out issues and got LTE on all of them.

sn707
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockandawe View Post
ordered mine with Next program, and it shipped with a new sim. Ignored the new sim. popped my nano sim card in using an adapter and works well and I get LTE.

Same here and all is well. ISIS wont work but I dont care for now.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition

cloudraker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott14719 View Post
Well, that's exactly what I said to start with but the OP insisted a new SIM was needed for LTE.

Maybe im just a bad bad man trying to spread misinformation to the masses. J/K

I was simply sharing what had been determined by myself and a few at the AT&T store. If its wrong, i apologize. Like i stated we had tested with 2 other SIM cards, the old style and even after several reboots, we could never get it to switch from 4g to 4g LTE. Of course as its been mentioned here, i also find it odd that in the time we had other SIM cards in, i never saw an ISIS error. Maybe my phone is just jank.

903tex
Old
Thanks Meter 189
No harm in the info just had that problem today with gf pro. She wanted to use isis to get the free 50 bones they are offering and she had to get the new Sim with secure in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Device

Nexus 5

Previous Devices
TO MANY TO LIST!!! LOL

IF I HELPED YOU WITH ANYTHING HIT THAT THANKS BUTTON.......

bookmonke
Old
Thanks Meter 27
My question is will Google wallet still work after the new Sim it installed and setup with old Sim have not tested tap and pay yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

scott14719
Old
Thanks Meter 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmonke View Post
My question is will Google wallet still work after the new Sim it installed and setup with old Sim have not tested tap and pay yet

That wasn't easy to follow, but if you are asking if you can switch back to an old sim card after ISIS is setup, the answer is no. The new sim with the secure element must be used for ISIS to function.
SGH-I337 (AT&T) 32GB
P-ROM (1st Gen.), De-Odexed, AMDL
Rooted
Auto-LOKI OUDHS CWM

Make sure you read and understand the "PINNED" threads in the "General" and "Q & A" sections of the AT&T S4 forum BEFORE you ask for help. Use the forum's "search" function to find posts with additional information. You should not expect others to help you if you haven't tried to help yourself first. Also, read, understand, and follow the "XDA" rules.

bookmonke
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Yes it was but have wallet already set up and want to get the new Sim, was hoping it doesn't kill wallet

cyberace1985
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmonke View Post
Yes it was but have wallet already set up and want to get the new Sim, was hoping it doesn't kill wallet

the wallet wont work without the secure sim

sk8trix
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Without using the new sim Isis wallet will not work and you will not receive the $50.00 on Serve.
AT&T and Sprint Galaxy S III Quantum ROM & Kernel
AT&T Galaxy S 4 Liquid Smooth ROM 4.4.4
Nexus 7 LTE (2013) Carbon ROM 4.4.2
AT&T Galaxy S 5 Stock 4.4.2
Galaxy Gear Null ROM
Sprint Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T237P
Follow me on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm7...sQKpy3kNfmYIxA