Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Must use new sim

13th April 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 813

2,064 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by laofan

Pretty sure the new gray sim card is built out of security to use ISIS ( an E- wallet that use money in your cellphone account, etc ).
When I switch from G2 to Note 3, the guy in AT&T store ask me to change the sim card.

The season is just to make sure ISIS is secure when you doing transaction using your phone

Well, that's exactly what I said to start with but the OP insisted a new SIM was needed for LTE.
13th April 2014, 05:26 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 9

282 posts
Also using a SIM that is about 2 years old.

On top of that I was constantly (like 2-3 times a week) switching between an S4, Nexus 5, and an iphone 5 with out issues and got LTE on all of them.
14th April 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #13  
Flag Oregon
Thanks Meter: 51

229 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockandawe

ordered mine with Next program, and it shipped with a new sim. Ignored the new sim. popped my nano sim card in using an adapter and works well and I get LTE.

Same here and all is well. ISIS wont work but I dont care for now.
15th April 2014, 12:44 AM   |  #14  
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott14719

Well, that's exactly what I said to start with but the OP insisted a new SIM was needed for LTE.

Maybe im just a bad bad man trying to spread misinformation to the masses. J/K

I was simply sharing what had been determined by myself and a few at the AT&T store. If its wrong, i apologize. Like i stated we had tested with 2 other SIM cards, the old style and even after several reboots, we could never get it to switch from 4g to 4g LTE. Of course as its been mentioned here, i also find it odd that in the time we had other SIM cards in, i never saw an ISIS error. Maybe my phone is just jank.
18th April 2014, 10:04 AM   |  #15  
Flag Tyler, Texas
Thanks Meter: 197

967 posts
More
No harm in the info just had that problem today with gf pro. She wanted to use isis to get the free 50 bones they are offering and she had to get the new Sim with secure in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th April 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 27

128 posts
My question is will Google wallet still work after the new Sim it installed and setup with old Sim have not tested tap and pay yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
19th April 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 813

2,064 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmonke

My question is will Google wallet still work after the new Sim it installed and setup with old Sim have not tested tap and pay yet

That wasn't easy to follow, but if you are asking if you can switch back to an old sim card after ISIS is setup, the answer is no. The new sim with the secure element must be used for ISIS to function.
19th April 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 27

128 posts
Yes it was but have wallet already set up and want to get the new Sim, was hoping it doesn't kill wallet

19th April 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 23

63 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmonke

Yes it was but have wallet already set up and want to get the new Sim, was hoping it doesn't kill wallet

the wallet wont work without the secure sim
20th April 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #20  
Without using the new sim Isis wallet will not work and you will not receive the $50.00 on Serve.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in AT&T Galaxy S5 General by ThreadRank