Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,204 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Swap External to Internal on Samsung Galaxy W - Cyanogenmod 9

Tip us?
 
Otávio757
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default [Q] Swap External to Internal on Samsung Galaxy W - Cyanogenmod 9

Good night everyone! I have a Samsung Galaxy W running Cyanogenmod 9 Final Release:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1576874

How do I swap the references of the external sd to sd card? I have a 32GB card, and the internal is only 2GB.
I have to modify a script from vold.fstab file to do this? Follow the link to download:
http://1drv.ms/1lmAVsf

Thanks!
 
LS.xD
Old
#2  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 585
Posts: 1,854
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Lübeck

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otávio757 View Post
Good night everyone! I have a Samsung Galaxy W running Cyanogenmod 9 Final Release:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1576874

How do I swap the references of the external sd to sd card? I have a 32GB card, and the internal is only 2GB.
I have to modify a script from vold.fstab file to do this? Follow the link to download:
http://1drv.ms/1lmAVsf

Thanks!

Have you thought about using a newer CM version including a kernel version with native storage swap support?
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0


It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...
 
Otávio757
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
Have you thought about using a newer CM version including a kernel version with native storage swap support?

Hmm I had previously installed the beta 3 version 10, but the battery discharging very fast.
I have not found a stable version of Cyanogenmod for Galaxy 10 W, so I installed version 9.

I'm interested in this new version with native support for swap, you can show me where I can find? Thank you for the answer!
 
LS.xD
Old
#4  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 585
Posts: 1,854
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Lübeck

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otávio757 View Post
Hmm I had previously installed the beta 3 version 10, but the battery discharging very fast.
I have not found a stable version of Cyanogenmod for Galaxy 10 W, so I installed version 9.

I'm interested in this new version with native support for swap, you can show me where I can find? Thank you for the answer!


I'm always on CM11 builds. Mokee OS with KhaN Kernel runs fast and stable, unfortunately swap sd is not integrated BUT i used DarkCM11 before and i know it has integrated swap functionality. I have to check which KhaN Kernel is working with it. Just hold on some minutes

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otávio757 View Post
Hmm I had previously installed the beta 3 version 10, but the battery discharging very fast.
I have not found a stable version of Cyanogenmod for Galaxy 10 W, so I installed version 9.

I'm interested in this new version with native support for swap, you can show me where I can find? Thank you for the answer!

You can use DarkCM11 beta 3, KhaN Kernel 2.0, GApps 04/16/2014 and SuperSU 1.94. Have tested it. All major features are working. Swapping sdcards ca easily be managed in the storage options
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0


It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Otávio757
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
I'm always on CM11 builds. Mokee OS with KhaN Kernel runs fast and stable, unfortunately swap sd is not integrated BUT i used DarkCM11 before and i know it has integrated swap functionality. I have to check which KhaN Kernel is working with it. Just hold on some minutes

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 AM ----------




You can use DarkCM11 beta 3, KhaN Kernel 2.0, GApps 04/16/2014 and SuperSU 1.94. Have tested it. All major features are working. Swapping sdcards ca easily be managed in the storage options
You downloaded CM11 this link, right?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588495

Before you download version 9, I thought I'd bring this latest Android KitKat.
I was also interested in DarkCM, which has native support for swap.
However, I think I'll download the CM11, you said it is stable and working fine.
I will download this version, and if I can not do the swap, post here again.
Thank you very much and sorry for the english, is translated by Google Translate.
 
LS.xD
Old
#6  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 585
Posts: 1,854
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Lübeck

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otávio757 View Post
You downloaded CM11 this link, right?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588495

Before you download version 9, I thought I'd bring this latest Android KitKat.
I was also interested in DarkCM, which has native support for swap.
However, I think I'll download the CM11, you said it is stable and working fine.
I will download this version, and if I can not do the swap, post here again.
Thank you very much and sorry for the english, is translated by Google Translate.
Zhis is the right link --> DarkCM11
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0


It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Google Play Store 4.9 Brings New, Image-Rich UI with a Hint of Material Design

It’s not Wednesday yet, but we’ve got a great … more

Remove Unnecessary WhatsApp Elements with Xposed

In modern life, you can’t underestimate the power ofthe dark sidemessaging … more

MaR-V-iN to Talk Google and Android APIs at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of September … more

But First, Let Me Take a #Selfie

“Today while browsing XDA,I’m going tocheck to seeif my favorite ROM has been updated–but … more