Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,891 Members 50,084 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Daily random reboots

Tip us?

danial.aw
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 116
Exclamation [Q] Daily random reboots

So since I have upgraded to kitkat (running cloudy pro) .... I have been having daily random reboots... I have a D803, KK baseband

I thought it was the kernel first that was the issue... so I tried out stock, furnace and now simple... no undervolt at all, running stock OC, multicore savings as 1, row 128....

with alll the kernels I have a random reboot... and its usually once or twice a day... I have not been able to figure out a pattern it is completely random... I will pick up the phone from deep sleep start using it and bam it reboots.... sometimes its on the chrome app, sometimes its just checking a notification...

I never had any issues on JB at all... this is deeply annoying :S...

wondering if anyone else has this issue and if you have any thoughts how I can fix it

abdulmuhaimin30
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by danial.aw View Post
So since I have upgraded to kitkat (running cloudy pro) .... I have been having daily random reboots... I have a D803, KK baseband

I thought it was the kernel first that was the issue... so I tried out stock, furnace and now simple... no undervolt at all, running stock OC, multicore savings as 1, row 128....

with alll the kernels I have a random reboot... and its usually once or twice a day... I have not been able to figure out a pattern it is completely random... I will pick up the phone from deep sleep start using it and bam it reboots.... sometimes its on the chrome app, sometimes its just checking a notification...

I never had any issues on JB at all... this is deeply annoying :S...

wondering if anyone else has this issue and if you have any thoughts how I can fix it
I used that rom and had no problems at all, try to re-flash the rom and wipe all before flashing, or flash kitkat baseband again
Tags
bug, fix, kitkat, reboot