Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,970 Members 48,935 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] need help or advice

Tip us?

kikzz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Tablet [Q] need help or advice

im new to n7....
and mine is n7 1st gen......
i gt a problem with my n7 display...in the white background there are some yellow spots are visible in the corners....( as in the pic. )
is that a display fault ..... i dnt have warrenty for my n7, so wht should i do....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140418_192657_804.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	297.8 KB
ID:	2694391  

anshulratchet
Old
Thanks Meter 2
It is hard to tell the problem without a clearer picture so upload some more pictures and try to make them clearer. Has u exposed ur nexus 7 to any magnets of any kind? Magnets could cause such a thing to happen to the screen. And if its not magnets, u may have to replace the screen.

If u can think of any causes for this please state them cause it makes it much easier to determine the exact cause and solution.

AASonyKK
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
If you aren't covered by the warranty you haven't a lot of choice. Or you replace it paying or you leave it as it is.
If you need to take notes organized and safely encrypted with password check my new application Note Crypt!

Captain Sweatpants
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Its quite hard to see from the pic but it looks like the backlight is not illuminating the screen evenly not a lot of choice there as others have already said either replace the display or learn to live with it. Magnets don't affect modern screens only the olt cathode ray tubes

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app
Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning

kikzz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
thankz everyone for the reply's.... i didnt put any magnets near my n7 as far as i knw of....
its like yellow / orange spots from corners and left side of the lcd....