Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 42,689 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP!!!!

Tip us?
 
GhostSoldier_US
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 188
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Winder

 
DONATE TO ME
Unhappy [Q] HELP!!!!

I have a note 3 n9005 and it wont connect to AT&T for data! I have done the region lock away and still nothing!! What do i need to do?? HELP!!!
 
trader418
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 28
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Leeds
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostSoldier_US View Post
I have a note 3 n9005 and it wont connect to AT&T for data! I have done the region lock away and still nothing!! What do i need to do?? HELP!!!
Do you have an EFS backup? How did you root? How/when did this problem start?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
xclub_101
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 311
Posts: 1,100
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostSoldier_US View Post
I have a note 3 n9005 and it wont connect to AT&T for data! I have done the region lock away and still nothing!! What do i need to do?? HELP!!!
Does the phone work for voice calls?

I think 4G/LTE is completely out of the question but 3G should work - you might need to manually set the details for the AT&T mobile data access point (and set network mode to to WCDMA/GSM).
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7
 
GhostSoldier_US
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 188
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Winder

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by trader418 View Post
Do you have an EFS backup? How did you root? How/when did this problem start?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Whats efs? I did the cf auto root and when i got the phone but today was the forst day i was off wifi and i had to look something up i managed to get hsda+ on a at&t apn but no lte
 
GhostSoldier_US
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 188
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Winder

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclub_101 View Post
Does the phone work for voice calls?

I think 4G/LTE is completely out of the question but 3G should work - you might need to manually set the details for the AT&T mobile data access point (and set network mode to to WCDMA/GSM).
It worked for voice calls and why is 4g lte out of the question? I managed to get hsdpa+ but i rely on lte
 
xclub_101
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 311
Posts: 1,100
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostSoldier_US View Post
It worked for voice calls and why is 4g lte out of the question? I managed to get hsdpa+ but i rely on lte
AT&T LTE is on different bands and they use on N900A a custom modem (on 700/850/1700/1900/2100 vs. 800/850/900/1800/2100/2600 in the N9005). I remember that there was a bounty on making that work but I did not see anybody claiming it - search around for more details (I could be wrong and it could be about some other Note 3 model).
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7
 
GhostSoldier_US
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 188
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Winder

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclub_101 View Post
AT&T LTE is on different bands and they use on N900A a custom modem (on 700/850/1700/1900/2100 vs. 800/850/900/1800/2100/2600 in the N9005). I remember that there was a bounty on making that work but I did not see anybody claiming it - search around for more details (I could be wrong and it could be about some other Note 3 model).
From what I have found is that hte n9005 lte only works on tmoble lte note AT&T

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


[OTA] Nvidia Shield Tablet Receives its First Update

The Nvidia Shield Tabletis the latest toy from one of the largest desktop graphics … more

Quick Control Panel Updated, Adds Notification Support

As some of you may remember, earlier this year we spoke about Quick Control Panel by … more

Narrate Makes Note Taking Efficient and Beautiful

Technology has put life on the fast track. Whether its travelling to multiple places or … more

Android App Review: How to Speed Up Your Android Phone – XDA Developer TV

Is your Android device running slow? Is your Android device … more