Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 49,205 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] M7 Shutdown issue when plugged in...Red Text/Battery Icon

Tip us?

mjwitt2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default [Q] M7 Shutdown issue when plugged in...Red Text/Battery Icon

My M7 is on AT&T running Insert Coin Sixth Sense v2.3.1, S-off with Rumrunner. My issue is this...

If I try to charge my phone powered down, it appears to be hanging up on this screen on shutdown that displays the red HTC text from the bootloader, along with a battery icon. The red LED light is illuminated in the speaker grill, but when I wake up in the morning, the light is still red. I have to actually hold the power button down, which makes the capacitive buttons flash, until the phone hard reboots. When it powers back on, after about a few minutes of being on my start screen, the LED turns from red to green, and the power indicators say 100%.

Is there something wrong with what is happening here? Should I be concerned, or is this no big deal? I have been typically charging my phone while on all of the time at night, since I use it as an alarm clock. I don't believe it is an issue with the ROM, as it has been happening with Viper & stock rooted versions I've run recently.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Current:
AT&T HTC One M7
Bootloader Unlocked, Rooted, S-off (Rumrunner)
Insert Coin Sixth Sense v2.3.1
ElementalX Kernel

Past: HTC One X, HTC Inspire 4G, HTC Pure, Samsung Blackjack II, Motorola V3xx, Moto V3i, Moto V3, and a whole bunch more...

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1012

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwitt2 View Post
My M7 is on AT&T running Insert Coin Sixth Sense v2.3.1, S-off with Rumrunner. My issue is this...

If I try to charge my phone powered down, it appears to be hanging up on this screen on shutdown that displays the red HTC text from the bootloader, along with a battery icon. The red LED light is illuminated in the speaker grill, but when I wake up in the morning, the light is still red. I have to actually hold the power button down, which makes the capacitive buttons flash, until the phone hard reboots. When it powers back on, after about a few minutes of being on my start screen, the LED turns from red to green, and the power indicators say 100%.

Is there something wrong with what is happening here? Should I be concerned, or is this no big deal? I have been typically charging my phone while on all of the time at night, since I use it as an alarm clock. I don't believe it is an issue with the ROM, as it has been happening with Viper & stock rooted versions I've run recently.

Thanks in advance for any help.
So you are using twrp 2.7.0.0 ? switch back to twrp 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4 and your phone will go in charging mode normally.
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mjwitt2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
I just had another issue related to backing up my rom with this version of TWRP. I JUST flashed back to 2.6.3.3 and by backup ran successfully. So this also fixes the charging issue, huh? I've searched and searched, but never considered it would be the recovery. Thanks a bunch!
Current:
AT&T HTC One M7
Bootloader Unlocked, Rooted, S-off (Rumrunner)
Insert Coin Sixth Sense v2.3.1
ElementalX Kernel

Past: HTC One X, HTC Inspire 4G, HTC Pure, Samsung Blackjack II, Motorola V3xx, Moto V3i, Moto V3, and a whole bunch more...

Tags
battery, charging, red text, shut down