FORUMS

Selective focus confusion.

197 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By kamrul.auntu, Senior Member on 20th April 2014, 05:32 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Dear All S5 Users,

Hope you are enjoying S5 and exploring it's everything. While doing the same, I faced some complexity especially in Selective focus option. It's a really good option to have the same in mobile camera. I tried to shot some pictures through Selective focus option. But it seems to me that it's not guaranteed that picture will be shot as expected. For instance, I shot a picture of mine friend. I noticed when there's multiple object in viewfinder, picture not captured in Selective focus mode (I also tapped to focus and also locked the focus). Picture will be captured but a message will be appear mentioning that "Picture saved but unable to apply focus contrast effect, Subject not detected.". After having lots of try I managed to shot only 3 pictures in selective focus mode.

I might be doing wrong that's why picture is not capturing in selective focus mode. If anyone knows how to successfully capture shot in selective focus, please let me know. I am really interested to know how to use it.

20th April 2014, 05:57 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
You need an object within 50 cm and background should be 150cm behind the object for the best results. I think the results are best when you have only 1 object close (or a cluster of objects close - but nothing fragmented all over the place).
20th April 2014, 07:17 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I actually had the same problem today. But it suddenly worked when I tryed to take a photo with the phone "standing".. Then it worked!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
selective focus, subject not detected

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)