Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,341 Members 48,581 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Selective focus confusion.

Tip us?

kamrul.auntu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Question Selective focus confusion.

Dear All S5 Users,

Hope you are enjoying S5 and exploring it's everything. While doing the same, I faced some complexity especially in Selective focus option. It's a really good option to have the same in mobile camera. I tried to shot some pictures through Selective focus option. But it seems to me that it's not guaranteed that picture will be shot as expected. For instance, I shot a picture of mine friend. I noticed when there's multiple object in viewfinder, picture not captured in Selective focus mode (I also tapped to focus and also locked the focus). Picture will be captured but a message will be appear mentioning that "Picture saved but unable to apply focus contrast effect, Subject not detected.". After having lots of try I managed to shot only 3 pictures in selective focus mode.

I might be doing wrong that's why picture is not capturing in selective focus mode. If anyone knows how to successfully capture shot in selective focus, please let me know. I am really interested to know how to use it.

degast
Old
Thanks Meter 54
You need an object within 50 cm and background should be 150cm behind the object for the best results. I think the results are best when you have only 1 object close (or a cluster of objects close - but nothing fragmented all over the place).
currently using: Samsung Galaxy S5
Stock 4.4.2

2013-2014: Samsung Galaxy Ace
2011-2013: LG Optimus 2X
2009-2011: Sony Ericsson Xperia X1
2008-2009: HTC Touch Diamond
2007-2008: Nokia 6500 Slide

dannik93
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I actually had the same problem today. But it suddenly worked when I tryed to take a photo with the phone "standing".. Then it worked!
Tags
selective focus, subject not detected