Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] getting to custom rom splash screen but no further.

OP ComfySofa

20th April 2014, 10:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

338 posts
Hi - you always start these things with a "yeah - no problem ill flash it for you....itll work great once ive finished with it...." - famous last words....heh

Anyway as above ive got to the point I can install a custom rom but cant get past the splash screen....

Used BabSector to get Skrilax on there (now heres where I might be going wrong....) I ran the "A" batch file which completed but gave me and error but the ascii above that gave me a "pass" I tried to go back into apx mode to run the "B" batch file but I couldn't get it back into that mode - the skrilax v8 splash screen ran and gave me the option to go into Recovery mode so I flashed a 4.2.2 image (cyanogen image) and that's where im at now - splash screen going round but cant get any more than that....

Ive managed to get the v9 skrilax image on there but I cant update the cwm image from 5.5 upto the latest version - it gives the illusion of pushing the files over to the tablet but when I go back in the old 5.5 image is still on there...

Is this something to do with not being able to run that "B" batch file??

As I say im almost there - not quite though....cheers to anyone that chips in....

Comfy
20th April 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

338 posts
Just to add that I tried reflashing the a batch file and replace the recovery.IMG file with the new 6.4.5.0 cwm recovery but it failed saying there wasn't enough room. Reflashed the stock one again and I'm back where I was before....
20th April 2014, 08:31 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

338 posts
I got there in the end....reflashed the a batch file. Downloaded the "step 3 rooting tool" before I ran the b batch file....ran the b batch file which then worked. After that I could flash a ROM....I did briefly get the new cwm on which then reverted back. ROM still running though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread