Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,023 Members 44,305 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how to unlock after relock with unsecured kernal?

Tip us?

mc_365
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default how to unlock after relock with unsecured kernal?

Long story short I thought I might need to exchange my phone and I relocked my bootloader. Now I can't unlock it again, I read something about it could be because I flashed a unsecured kernal. In any event fastboot oem unlock gives returns the following: (bootloader) [ERR] Command error. Any help much appreciated.

Nevermore
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Sorry to ask, but do you have a link on how to relock bootloader? My front microphone is not working. Gotta send for repair.

Thanks

hanginwithdaddo
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_365 View Post
Long story short I thought I might need to exchange my phone and I relocked my bootloader. Now I can't unlock it again, I read something about it could be because I flashed a unsecured kernal. In any event fastboot oem unlock gives returns the following: (bootloader) [ERR] Command error. Any help much appreciated.
This is not unique to an unsecured kernel. I have the same problem with the stock kernel. I'm guessing Verizon's bootloader doesn't support this command. I tried running the latest version of firewater and it simply reports that there is nothing to do, probably because the phone is s-off'ed.

mc_365
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddousa View Post
This is not unique to an unsecured kernel. I have the same problem with the stock kernel. I'm guessing Verizon's bootloader doesn't support this command. I tried running the latest version of firewater and it simply reports that there is nothing to do, probably because the phone is s-off'ed.
Yes if you're HBOOT says s-off your in good shape.
Since you probably have a custom recovery and your bootloader is locked you won't be able to do anything as the fastboot command doesn't work with a locked bootloader?
Go to the link and copy and paste in ADB Shell, my issue was I tried this before the write up and did it wrong and caused a security flag to lock my phone in a sudo S-On state but firewater saw the phone as S-OFF but the phone was write protected, long story. Thanks to Beaups

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708571

mc_365
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
Sorry to ask, but do you have a link on how to relock bootloader? My front microphone is not working. Gotta send for repair.

Thanks
You need to put the stock recovery, boot.img, Hboot, then go to the link and Copy and past into adb shell, after check that your locked.
Then only if locked and 100000000% stock you can flip the fastboot command double check this as I'm not sure of the flag number "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" If everything is not stock you will most likely brick

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708571