5,600,429 Members 32,797 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CUSPTECH Android Headunit

Tip us?

boozy5646
Old
(Last edited by boozy5646; 14th April 2014 at 05:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bluetooth problem

I bought this unit back in October for my gf as an xmas gift. The bluetooth has NEVER worked. The company that I bought it from, Isudar, is absolutely worthless with thrying to work out an exchange or help me remedy the problem. Today, 4/13 I correctly identified the unit and found you guys! So, I updated the MCU today but bluetooth is still a no-go. In the android menu I try to turn it on, and it says turning on.... for a few seconds and then just resets. No matter how many times I try to turn on the bluetooth, it just resets after 10 seconds.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: I also updated to Android 4.4....now I dont even see the Bluetooth option in the Android settings menu, but in factory settings>121212>BT there are a few options, all with Chinese names?

tobias.s
Old
(Last edited by tobias.s; 14th April 2014 at 06:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by boozy5646 View Post
I bought this unit back in October for my gf as an xmas gift. The bluetooth has NEVER worked. The company that I bought it from, Isudar, is absolutely worthless with thrying to work out an exchange or help me remedy the problem. Today, 4/13 I correctly identified the unit and found you guys! So, I updated the MCU today but bluetooth is still a no-go. In the android menu I try to turn it on, and it says turning on.... for a few seconds and then just resets. No matter how many times I try to turn on the bluetooth, it just resets after 10 seconds.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: I also updated to Android 4.4....now I dont even see the Bluetooth option in the Android settings menu, but in factory settings>121212>BT there are a few options, all with Chinese names?
You can't turn on BT in android, because it is not controlled by android itself. The integrated BT hardware is only driven by the chinese apk software. So it is always running in background when the device is on. To get it working you must search with your phone for a bluetooth device named "Apple" (yes I know crazy name)
As soon as your phone get paired with that "Apple" device, the Bluetooth logo of the chinese apk will be shown on the status bar and you can start dialing /receiving calls. But dont expect wonders. It is buggy and the sound is not the best one. This is how it worked with 2.3.4. Idk if it is the same for 4.4.

Does 4.4 works fine with the device? Any annoying bugs? Would be great if you can report.

boozy5646
Old
Thanks Meter 0
LMAO! I though one of my neighbors got an ipad or something! How lame! Will report back this evening. Lol.....apple....

ryrager
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Bluetooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozy5646 View Post

Thanks for the help!

Bluetooth only works as Audio device and is handled by the MCU, there is no Bluetooth inside Android OS

boozy5646
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I apologize, I installed 4.0 , not 4.4

Yes the bluetooth is barely functional now, but my gf says she can use it after some coaxing. This product didn't come anywhere near to what I have in my car (factory tech package)

If you guys can hook me up with a link, I would be happy to install 4.4 and report back. And again, thanks for getting us to this point xda!