Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

root and Unroot galaxy NOTE 8.0 || Kingo Android ROOT

OP abadan

20th March 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 3

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rageguy

Welcome to the internet, where default = no trust. You must be vigilant and question everything. Otherwise you are setting yourself up for potential disaster. I'm sorry you don't get it but I believe one day, when you get burned, you will learn the lesson.

By the way, 1 post count member coming here defending Kingo. See my comment above. Now you look shady to me too.

LOL and why would I care what you think of me? You're nobody.

We're just writing about our opinions here. I don't care who follows mine or not - I just wrote my experience (which is better than assuming or theorizing or quoting other nobodies I guess).
20th March 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 178

446 posts
Probably the easiest way to get malware on your device is to use a rooting tool as the vector. I am sure the tool itself roots your device successfully, and I have no doubt that they are also getting something in return. Use at your own risk, but I would stay far, far away.
7th April 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #13  
Flag Mississauga
Thanks Meter: 38

224 posts
More
Kingo
Here's a link to another discussion about Kingo on XDA

[ROOT] Kingo Android Root Method

Then you can decide on your own
18th April 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 92

374 posts
More
Just wnted to give my experience with this root meathod. I tried it on my GT-N5110 and it worked fine. But when I had a soft brick, all my fault, I had issues trying to use the fine toolbox i bought here on XDA for my tablet. I managed to get it backto stock and everything up and running so I could flash custom roms once more but Kingo went kicking and screeming. I did not use that meathod to root my tablet this time. I used Saferoot.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium HD app
20th April 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 5

12 posts
More
Hi, what does "but Kingo went kicking and screeming" mean in the previous post? Just wondering.

Also, I just wanted to give my experience with this root method as well. I used Kingo to root my GT-N5110 and it worked perfectly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread