Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,690 Members 47,788 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

root and Unroot galaxy NOTE 8.0 || Kingo Android ROOT

Tip us?

michpan
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rageguy View Post
Welcome to the internet, where default = no trust. You must be vigilant and question everything. Otherwise you are setting yourself up for potential disaster. I'm sorry you don't get it but I believe one day, when you get burned, you will learn the lesson.

By the way, 1 post count member coming here defending Kingo. See my comment above. Now you look shady to me too.
LOL and why would I care what you think of me? You're nobody.

We're just writing about our opinions here. I don't care who follows mine or not - I just wrote my experience (which is better than assuming or theorizing or quoting other nobodies I guess).

sputnik767
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Probably the easiest way to get malware on your device is to use a rooting tool as the vector. I am sure the tool itself roots your device successfully, and I have no doubt that they are also getting something in return. Use at your own risk, but I would stay far, far away.

Cyclops1055
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Default Kingo

Here's a link to another discussion about Kingo on XDA

[ROOT] Kingo Android Root Method

Then you can decide on your own
Please hit thanks if I help you. Thanks

Phone > Bell Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900W8)
Memory > 32GB MicroSD + 32GB onboard = 64GB
ROM > Stock Touchwiz 4.4.2 (rooted)

Tablet > Bell Samsung Note 8.0 (SGH-I467M)
Memory > 32GB MicroSD + 16GB onboard = 48GB
ROM >Stock Touchwiz 4.4.2 (not rooted)

glockman4519
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Just wnted to give my experience with this root meathod. I tried it on my GT-N5110 and it worked fine. But when I had a soft brick, all my fault, I had issues trying to use the fine toolbox i bought here on XDA for my tablet. I managed to get it backto stock and everything up and running so I could flash custom roms once more but Kingo went kicking and screeming. I did not use that meathod to root my tablet this time. I used Saferoot.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium HD app

themodder
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi, what does "but Kingo went kicking and screeming" mean in the previous post? Just wondering.

Also, I just wanted to give my experience with this root method as well. I used Kingo to root my GT-N5110 and it worked perfectly.