I messed up, please help

OP RedBlooDerp

20th April 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Long story short i deleted my data/app file(accidentaly). Sony xperia S android 4.2.1 i think... Dont ask how that happened. So right after i deleted it by mistake everything started crashing many apps stopped working. Immediatly after doing that i restored a restore point and rebooted. As you would expect my phone is password protected, but when i klick the password slot id doesnt show the keyboard nor the option to change keyboard because i was using swift key keyboard. Now i cannot enter my phone, so i think that i should do s factory reset but i cant do that. I know that i saw a factory reset option on the sony software updater on my pc because i wanted to update my phone. Also when i tried to root my phone i could not flash it some broken driver issue (was not able to fix) so i finally rooted it with the root tool kit. Well please help me with this. Also i assume that the restore point didnt work. Please help
20th April 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 562

2,935 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hmm. So you deleted your /data/app folder and most of the apps are gone? Whoops! lol And you are rooted. Do you have a custom recovery? I'm assuming so since you said you tried to restore a backup, is that correct? It would probably just be easiest to factory reset in recovery as that will remove the password and then when it boots, you can restore the keyboard app. Other option is trying to remove the password in recovery (has to be custom) with adb commands as you won't be able to while booted due to the password.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2620456 - and this does not work for every device, obviously.
20th April 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

Hmm. So you deleted your /data/app folder and most of the apps are gone? Whoops! lol And you are rooted. Do you have a custom recovery? I'm assuming so since you said you tried to restore a backup, is that correct? It would probably just be easiest to factory reset in recovery as that will remove the password and then when it boots, you can restore the keyboard app. Other option is trying to remove the password in recovery (has to be custom) with adb commands as you won't be able to while booted due to the password.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2620456 - and this does not work for every device, obviously.

Well the thing is that im not near a pc for the next few days, but i have a tablet which has the device input to usb output cable. So i was wondering if theres a app that turns my android tablet into a keyboard for my phone. Ive been looking but only found bluetooth and wireles keyboard wich wont do me any good since my phone is locked. Also is there an app that could hack my phone since its rooted.
20th April 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 562

2,935 posts
Donate to Me
More
Pretty sure you're out of luck without the PC.

Sent from over there...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread