FORUMS

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Huawei W1, maps on SD

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By letalis, Junior Member on 18th April 2014, 12:33 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I'm looking for a solution to store maps on there sd card.

So far, i have found multiple options:
1) Use lumia storage check beta, only this doesnt work for Huawei phones
2) Edit the registrykey UseExternalStorage, unfortunetly this is a dword, I havnt found a tool save dword to registry

Any other suggestions?
 
 
18th April 2014, 05:15 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Mashad
Thanks Meter: 150
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by letalis

I'm looking for a solution to store maps on there sd card.

So far, i have found multiple options:
1) Use lumia storage check beta, only this doesnt work for Huawei phones
2) Edit the registrykey UseExternalStorage, unfortunetly this is a dword, I havnt found a tool save dword to registry

Any other suggestions?

Did you interop unlocked 🔓 your device?
I suggest you to interop unlock your device and use mass storage mode to edit registry dwords.
18th April 2014, 05:36 PM |#3  
myst02's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngame

Did you interop unlocked 🔓 your device?
I suggest you to interop unlock your device and use mass storage mode to edit registry dwords.

I agree with @ngame, only need to interop unlock your device with WojtasXda Rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2686053 and then use my guide updating WojtasXda GDR2 to GDR3: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=28 then you can use WPH Tweaks: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2486387 to enable option Map2SD.

Hope I helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to myst02 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2014, 09:31 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by myst02

I agree with @ngame, only need to interop unlock your device with WojtasXda Rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2686053 and then use my guide updating WojtasXda GDR2 to GDR3: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=28 then you can use WPH Tweaks: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2486387 to enable option Map2SD.

Hope I helped you

I got a long way, I used your manual for the flashing procedure. Did all the steps now looking at the Huawei logo on my phone with the text:
iWare uniBIOS FFU Application

AllocatePool Status is Success
etc etc....

However I am ready to flash my phone with the .app file, but i got the following error message:
WH62406270ML01
Invalid upgrade file.

Any suggestions
18th April 2014, 11:34 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by letalis

I got a long way, I used your manual for the flashing procedure. Did all the steps now looking at the Huawei logo on my phone with the text:
iWare uniBIOS FFU Application

AllocatePool Status is Success
etc etc....

However I am ready to flash my phone with the .app file, but i got the following error message:
WH62406270ML01
Invalid upgrade file.

Any suggestions

I turned to the dark side , i downloaded the russian rom version (mentioned on the german site). This one is flashing just fine. Hopefully this rom will also let me use the registry editor and other tools.
19th April 2014, 11:45 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
mmm unfortunetly no luck... unable to upload the unableallsideloading app
20th April 2014, 02:09 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Mashad
Thanks Meter: 150
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by letalis

mmm unfortunetly no luck... unable to upload the unableallsideloading app

What's the problem?
20th April 2014, 08:51 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngame

What's the problem?

I figured it out, used an other ROM and used the tool to interop unlock my phone, now i can run homebrew apps and my cards are on the SD

Now up to wp 8.1
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
huawei w1, maps, sd card, windows phone 8
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes