Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,296 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] semi broken captivate

Tip us?

ian619420
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] semi broken captivate

my captivate power button does not work but if i remove and insert battery itll automatically turn on, it is on 2.2 froyo and i want to update it to 2.3 gingerbread. is there an odin pre rooted gb rom i can flash with odin to get stock 2.3 gingerbread and have root? i can get phone into download mode with jig but again the power button does not work.

BWolf56
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1686

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian619420 View Post
my captivate power button does not work but if i remove and insert battery itll automatically turn on, it is on 2.2 froyo and i want to update it to 2.3 gingerbread. is there an odin pre rooted gb rom i can flash with odin to get stock 2.3 gingerbread and have root? i can get phone into download mode with jig but again the power button does not work.
It's a really bad idea to flash the Cappy with a broken power button as it is entirely dependent on it to recover from a bad flash. I would suggest looking into cleaning it and/or replacing it before going through with flashing.

As for flashing GB, you can do it through the OTA updater and you could simply root it afterward by flashing Corn kernel with Odin. That is if you're not looking for a custom ROM.
Sent by falcon messenger while riding a laser equipped T-rex on a rocket
>>Get Dropbox right here<<
>>Rogers LTE tethering mod<<
Galaxy S III I747m
ROM: AOKP 4.4.4
Kernel: KT747
Modem: ND3
Launcher: Nova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelendel
Jig ~ You should never need one but.. Use the condom theory.
The Following User Says Thank You to BWolf56 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]