Post Reply

Sleep of Death issues?

19th April 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #1  
altimax98's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mulberry, Florida
Thanks Meter: 446
 
1,701 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
My wife has had her S5 from day 1. Installed all the normal crap like Pinterest and Instagram and stuff and periodically she is getting SOD (phone sleeps and won't wake up). Its happened both overnight and once just in the middle of the day. I was in the camera and locked the screen and it wouldn't wake up. (Notification light continues to blink like normal)

The only way I can get it to reboot is with a battery pull, no amount of button presses will wake it up, which kinda sucks when its in a big case. I've had minor success with having it plugged in and holding power+Volume up, but this doesn't always work

Anyone else have these issues?

-device is bone stock, she doesn't let me touch her stuff :biggrin:
19th April 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 78
 
300 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by altimax98

My wife has had her S5 from day 1. Installed all the normal crap like Pinterest and Instagram and stuff and periodically she is getting SOD (phone sleeps and won't wake up). Its happened both overnight and once just in the middle of the day. I was in the camera and locked the screen and it wouldn't wake up. (Notification light continues to blink like normal)

The only way I can get it to reboot is with a battery pull, no amount of button presses will wake it up, which kinda sucks when its in a big case. I've had minor success with having it plugged in and holding power+Volume up, but this doesn't always work

Anyone else have these issues?

-device is bone stock, she doesn't let me touch her stuff :biggrin:

Not at all, here in my household we have four SM-G900F's and none of then has ever had the problem the last eight days. And next time just press and hold power button to reboot.
20th April 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #3  
altimax98's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mulberry, Florida
Thanks Meter: 446
 
1,701 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalInTheZone

Not at all, here in my household we have four SM-G900F's and none of then has ever had the problem the last eight days. And next time just press and hold power button to reboot.

The power button alone will not reboot it nor will power + volume down. Its a really odd issue and I cannot track down the root cause.
20th April 2014, 07:45 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 78
 
300 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by altimax98

The power button alone will not reboot it nor will power + volume down. Its a really odd issue and I cannot track down the root cause.

Holding power button will reboot, holding vol down while booting will enter download mode and vol up recovery mode.
20th April 2014, 09:14 AM   |  #5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by altimax98

The power button alone will not reboot it nor will power + volume down. Its a really odd issue and I cannot track down the root cause.

Had this issue on mine out the box, flashed stock firmware from another region I used NEE using ODIN.
That fixed it for me.
Though I had som trouble flashing it worked fine and the SOD issue is gone.

Since flashing stock firmware can fail se this thread for PIT file is hidden.img.ext4 fails
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51998616

Sendt fra min SM-G900F med Tapatalk
20th April 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #6  
z89x23's Avatar
Member
Flag Limassol
Thanks Meter: 6
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
well mine yesterday got the battery drained over night..

went to bed with 55% and no app running.. woke up and battery was dead.. couldn't switch it on..

plugged in the charger and it was charging from 0%..

i think i had this problem on my S2 and my wife's S2 at the beginning when it was new, like now..

hopefully its nothing.. like before..
Last edited by z89x23; 20th April 2014 at 06:42 PM. Reason: spelling
20th April 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
My wife had the same issue with her new s5. She went into dev mode and switched off all of the ui animations. Hasnt happened since.

If you go to settings and " about device" and tap it 7 times it should open up dev mode. At the bottom of the dev menu under the drawing section she switched off the animations. Afterward her battery lasted significantly longer and it stopped freezing as well as perfom faster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank