Can't access pictures or video

20th April 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63

583 posts
Tried to show my son some pictures today and my phone would not access some of my .jpg files or videos. Gallery indicates the file is there but won't open it. Strange thing is I have two S4's (one for work and the other is personal) and they are both doing the same thing. Some of the pictures were taken with the camera. All of them used to work.

Any idea what could cause this?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
Last edited by REHolt218; 20th April 2014 at 01:55 PM.
20th April 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

583 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by REHolt218

Tried to show my son some pictures today and my phone would not access some of my .jpg files or videos. Gallery indicates the file is there but won't open it. Strange thing is I have two S4's (one for work and the other is personal) and they are both doing the same thing. Some of the pictures were taken with the camera. All of them used to work.

Any idea what could cause this?

OK, this is getting worse. It only seems to affect pictures, but it is on both of my phones.

Luckily I have most of my pictures backed up on Dropbox. I tried copying pictures down from dropbox to restore my phone. I picked a directory and copied all of the pictures (about 80). About half of them came through OK, the other half are still not readable. I did this several times until I got the whole directory restored.

I then re-booted my phone, and the directory was EMPTY! !!

Need some advice and help please.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
20th April 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,397

9,944 posts
Are you putting the pictures on the internal or external sdcard? It could be a bad card

Sent from my Nexus 5
20th April 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

583 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Are you putting the pictures on the internal or external sdcard? It could be a bad card

Sent from my Nexus 5

External card. It could be but why would it be happening on both of my devices? And which only to some files?

When I copied everything from my Dropbox account it all seemed to be there and viewable until I rebooted my phone then it was gone completely.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread