Ask a question

No registration required

I'm Looking for a Kitkat 4.4.2 Custom Rom for S4 I337 Model AT&T

OP matth84

20th April 2014, 11:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 Model with AT&T. I have recently downgraded from Kitkat 4.4.2 to Jellybean 4.3. The reason was so I could root it for tethering purposes to my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and other devices. However, after downgrading and rooting it the tethering tutorials are not working for me. I have tried several even the TetheringProvision.bak and bak2 one. No luck. Now at this point I feel that downgrading was pointless for me because as I stated the intent was to root and tether. I can't tether and none of the tethering paid and free apps in the android play store works for me either. Is there a jellybean 4.3 custom rom or Kitkat 4.4.2 custom rom with tethering enabled that I can download? I have safestrap installed on my S4.

I appreciate any help I can get with this!
Last edited by matth84; 20th April 2014 at 11:53 AM.
20th April 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,982

1,402 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by matth84

I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 Model with AT&T. I have recently downgraded from Kitkat 4.4.2 to Jellybean 4.3. The reason was so I could root it for tethering purposes to my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and other devices. However, after downgrading and rooting it the tethering tutorials are not working for me. I have tried several even the TetheringProvision.bak and bak2 one. No luck. Now at this point I feel that downgrading was pointless for me because as I stated the intent was to root and tether. I can't tether and none of the tethering paid and free apps in the android play store works for me either. Is there a jellybean 4.3 custom rom or Kitkat 4.4.2 custom rom with tethering enabled that I can download? I have safestrap installed on my S4.

You are halfway there. Follow this process: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2692825
20th April 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #3  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 5

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matth84

I had the same issues and then one night when I was bored and started going through the Play Store, I found this app that works first time, everytime and with no messing with system keys, etc., WiFi Tether Router https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fitetherrouter

Make sure that you go to the website and look up your phone for the setting and it'll work perfectly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread