Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,124 Members 45,489 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery Drain after Camera repair?

Tip us?

sauprankul
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 200
Battery Low [Q] Battery Drain after Camera repair?

Hi everyone,

I guess this is an old issue, but I really need help here.
4.1 and 4.4 both had the same problem for me: The Android System really did a number on the battery. 4.3 turned it down, as you can see:

But 4.4 brought it back:

... which I wasn't too upset about.

Then, I finally got around to sending my phone in to fix the purple tint (which worked), but now my battery is getting rekt:

So do you think this is normal? Is my battery just starting to deteriorate? What do you think is wrong?

I guess it's time I moved onto a custom ROM. I've been browsing, and I don't really see any 4.4 ROMs that mention this battery drain issue, so I'm not entirely confident they will fix it. I've read that even CM ROMs have this problem.
So should I contact HTC (I've done a factory reset and battery calibration)? Will they be able to help?

sauprankul
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 200
Also, because I'll probably have to flash a custom ROM at some point, I'd like to ask which ROMs have a focus on battery life? I was looking at ViperOne, but it has a stock kernel, so I may want to try something else, unless it has something else that boosts battery life. Badseed? Bad Boyz? Maybe even CM?