[Q] Battery Drain after Camera repair?

OP sauprankul

20th April 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 224

1,124 posts
More
Hi everyone,

I guess this is an old issue, but I really need help here.
4.1 and 4.4 both had the same problem for me: The Android System really did a number on the battery. 4.3 turned it down, as you can see:

But 4.4 brought it back:

... which I wasn't too upset about.

Then, I finally got around to sending my phone in to fix the purple tint (which worked), but now my battery is getting rekt:

So do you think this is normal? Is my battery just starting to deteriorate? What do you think is wrong?

I guess it's time I moved onto a custom ROM. I've been browsing, and I don't really see any 4.4 ROMs that mention this battery drain issue, so I'm not entirely confident they will fix it. I've read that even CM ROMs have this problem.
So should I contact HTC (I've done a factory reset and battery calibration)? Will they be able to help?
20th April 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 224

1,124 posts
More
Also, because I'll probably have to flash a custom ROM at some point, I'd like to ask which ROMs have a focus on battery life? I was looking at ViperOne, but it has a stock kernel, so I may want to try something else, unless it has something else that boosts battery life. Badseed? Bad Boyz? Maybe even CM?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread