Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 41,345 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Z1 --> reboot loop --> flash --> brick ?! HELP PLS

Tip us?

reecebot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Z1 --> reboot loop --> flash --> brick ?! HELP PLS

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can shed any light on what to do next. I've got an 6903 Xperia Z1 (LB, not rooted, 4.4.2) that seems to be stuck in fastboot or flashmode, with no screen showing and only a red light (some of the time). I've read up everything I can on the boards and have charged it for 18 hours (twice) but to no avail.

Here's what happened:

I used a Chinese car charger that I probably put on upside down (which might mean it shorted the battery).

This put it in a reboot loop that went Sony --> Xperia --> blackness --> Sony etc

I flashed C6903_14.1.G.1.534_[NUT] (no exclusions) which put it in a Sony --> Sony reboot loop.

I then flashed C6903_14.3.A.0.681_Generic_Global-1277-2880_R5C which didn't make any difference.

I flashed C6903_14.1.G.1.534_[NUT] (excluding kernel, baseband - I don't know why) and this put it into black screen only mode (with some steady red LED sometimes).

I charged it for 18 hours.

From here I couldn't get it into flashmode or fastboot mode UNLESS I short the battery with the same charger.

Once I shorted the battery again I managed to get it into flashmode (permanently, I think) and do a "repair" on the Sony Bridge for Mac up to the latest android. It went fine, apparently, but unplugging it didn't allow it to be turned off or turned on again. It seems like now when it's plugged in it's always in flashmode (or I can put it in fastboot mode). I can flash whatever I want, it seems, but to no avail.

I have since flashed both the above FTFs.

Any suggestions for what to do next?

Thank you!

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3732
Press and hold both the power button and volume up button until it vibrates 3 times.

Then do a repair again.

Then throw that Chinese charger in the bin

then flash a 534 ftf, install dual recovery then flash the rom of your choice.

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Then throw that Chinese charger in the bin.
..lol..
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

reecebot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Press and hold both the power button and volume up button until it vibrates 3 times.

Then do a repair again.

Then throw that Chinese charger in the bin

then flash a 534 ftf, install dual recovery then flash the rom of your choice.
Thanks Greg - I've spent the last day trying to get my phone to respond again... no vibrations, no turning on or off. Just the red LED. Hmmm.

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3732
Leave it on charge for 24 goes and try again

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.