Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,404 Members 40,092 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Frequent Mobile Data Drops on CM11 Nightly (Especially After Ending Phone Calls)

Tip us?

pravus87
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation [Q] Frequent Mobile Data Drops on CM11 Nightly (Especially After Ending Phone Calls)

I have been using Cyanogenmod 11 Nightlies for my device for about as long as they have been out, so I know it is still a work in progress, and most of the issues I have faced have gone away as newer nightly builds have been released, so I have not reported any issues as of yet.

Within the last month or so, I have noticed a new issue. The mobile data has been randomly cutting out, allowing only emergency phone calls. It only goes out for about a minute or two, but it is still a huge inconvenience. It seems to happen randomly, except after I finish a phone call -- it almost always cuts out immediately after (very frustrating for when calls are dropped, because I need to wait a minute or two before I can call back).

Has anyone else experienced this or know of a fix? I just tried re-flashing the latest radio and that did not seem to help. I have also tried full system/data wipes as well and none of the Nightly builds for the last month or so have been able to fix it.

Thanks, everyone.

Corvetrims77
Old
Thanks Meter 4
You need to flash any touchwiz rom in order reset your nvram.

pravus87
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvetrims77 View Post
You need to flash any touchwiz rom in order reset your nvram.
Is that even possible? I thought there were issues with going from 4.4.x back to 4.3?

Also, how would I go about locating the latest stock firmware and flashing it? I haven't even thought about touching stock since flashing CM.

Corvetrims77
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pravus87 View Post
Is that even possible? I thought there were issues with going from 4.4.x back to 4.3?

Also, how would I go about locating the latest stock firmware and flashing it? I haven't even thought about touching stock since flashing CM.

I can't find the original post, I don't have time to look for it right now, it was discussed frequently in Quantumroms thread. I needed to do this as I was experiencing the same issue. I restored the stock firmware on my device via samsungKise ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2390147).

pravus87
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I can't find the original post, I don't have time to look for it right now, it was discussed frequently in Quantumroms thread. I needed to do this as I was experiencing the same issue. I restored the stock firmware on my device via samsungKise ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2390147).
I will take your word for it. But I have read elsewhere that the MJB bootloader makes it impossible to downgrade, which after checking, is the one that I have installed.

I have done the research on how to install stock firmware. I am just a little hesitant to do so. Any re-assurances would be great.

Corvetrims77
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
I will take your word for it. But I have read elsewhere that the MJB bootloader makes it impossible to downgrade, which after checking, is the one that I have installed.

I have done the research on how to install stock firmware. I am just a little hesitant to do so. Any re-assurances would be great.

From what I have read you are correct, but you just need to install any Touchwiz Rom, search through the quantum posts you will find your answers.

pravus87
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
From what I have read you are correct, but you just need to install any Touchwiz Rom, search through the quantum posts you will find your answers.
Thanks for your help. I was able to flash stock 4.1.1 and then reinstall CM11. So far, looks like the mobile data issue has been resoled.

mreadshaw
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Thanks for your help. I was able to flash stock 4.1.1 and then reinstall CM11. So far, looks like the mobile data issue has been resoled.
I'm having the same issue, would you mind giving a quick run through of what you did? I'm downloading the I747MVLUEMK5 firmware to flash in Odin right now. Don't want to do something I shouldn't.
The Following User Says Thank You to mreadshaw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pravus87
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreadshaw View Post
I'm having the same issue, would you mind giving a quick run through of what you did? I'm downloading the I747MVLUEMK5 firmware to flash in Odin right now. Don't want to do something I shouldn't.
I actually did not use Odin at all. I was able to find a thread that posted a 4.1.1 stock .zip, a .zip to keep root, and a .zip to keep custom recovery. (I have tried searching for the thread to share with you but am unable to find it). I was definitely over-thinking it. Just install the .zips from TWRP or CWM as you would any other custom ROM -- just make sure you do not have the 4.3 bootloader installed. That's it.

Sorry for the delayed response!