Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Please help.....M8 just froze on stock ROM and played weird noise......

OP cjegan2008

20th April 2014, 06:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Urbana, IL
Thanks Meter: 2

87 posts
More
I just upgraded to the HTC One M8 from the M7, and for some reason my phone just froze and played a weird high pitched sound. The screen became unresponsive and I had to force a reboot by pressing the down button and the power button. This phone was just bought today, has not.been rooted or.had any modifications done to it. When this happened I was playing Transformers Dark Of The Moon using Google Play movies. When I rebooted the phone, it displayed a box at the top of the notification menu and said the system crashed and asked if I wanted to send a report. I did. I want to pull that crash log up so I can provide more detail, but idk how. Please someone help me......
20th April 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag nassau
Thanks Meter: 666

3,194 posts
Donate to Me
More
The game caused the crash

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
20th April 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Urbana, IL
Thanks Meter: 2

87 posts
More
I was not playing a game. I was using the stock Google play movies app that every android phone has. It happened again today to, why is this happening ?
21st April 2014, 12:53 AM   |  #4  
Flag Zurich (Switzerland)
Thanks Meter: 30

343 posts
More
Well, as dull as this may sound, I would just install any available software updates and then run a factory reset. The later you do it, the more time it will cost. Do it now, before you are done customizing everything!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread