Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 50,309 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S5 System UI

Tip us?

MrPapito429
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default S5 System UI

So I have been on numerous threads about the s5 syatem ui for the s4, I have tried about 4 different ones, and I keep getting a system ui force close at boot whenever I do this. What am I doing wrong? Im on stock 4.4.2 rooted

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

JORDVN
Old
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPapito429 View Post
So I have been on numerous threads about the s5 syatem ui for the s4, I have tried about 4 different ones, and I keep getting a system ui force close at boot whenever I do this. What am I doing wrong? Im on stock 4.4.2 rooted

Need more details friend. How did you get S5 system ui? Are you on a S5 ROM? Elaborate and maybe we can get this issue fixed!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
Addicted to ROMs. My body is always ready

MrPapito429
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708265

This is one of the threads I used. Im not on a s5 rom. Im on stock 4.4.2

JORDVN
Old
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708265

This is one of the threads I used. Im not on a s5 rom. Im on stock 4.4.2

Okay, it's a stand alone mod that flashes S5 apps over your current S4 settings and apps. What recovery do you use? Did you wipe dalvik/cache? I'm assuming you didn't make a backup before attempting this? Of course not, well you could always flash a custom ROM over this to fix or flash a stock ROM. If you want the S5 settings(you obviously do since you attempted this) I suggest trying out Insane KitKat in the Android development section of the T-Mobile s4. The dev has given you a choice to flash his ROM with s5 settings and even some apps including the browser, download booster, the calculator, etc. Let me know what you end up doing.

MrPapito429
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDVN View Post
Okay, it's a stand alone mod that flashes S5 apps over your current S4 settings and apps. What recovery do you use? Did you wipe dalvik/cache? I'm assuming you didn't make a backup before attempting this? Of course not, well you could always flash a custom ROM over this to fix or flash a stock ROM. If you want the S5 settings(you obviously do since you attempted this) I suggest trying out Insane KitKat in the Android development section of the T-Mobile s4. The dev has given you a choice to flash his ROM with s5 settings and even some apps including the browser, download booster, the calculator, etc. Let me know what you end up doing.

So I just flashed the zip, wiped cache and still got a force close. I do not want to flash a rom because I have 3 gigabytes of space left, and soon I plan to do the jump program and get the htc m8. Is there any other tips you can possibly give. Thanks so far

JORDVN
Old
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
So I just flashed the zip, wiped cache and still got a force close. I do not want to flash a rom because I have 3 gigabytes of space left, and soon I plan to do the jump program and get the htc m8. Is there any other tips you can possibly give. Thanks so far

You're device is rooted, you've already tripped your flash counter. This would be void through JUMP unless you go back to complete stock using one of the tutorials here on XDA. I'm glad you mentioned that because I am a employee for T-Mobile. When you bring in the device, we'd do a software check. It checks the build, baseband, kernel, and flash counter. So what you really need to do at this point is return to full stock