[Q] Help request with network reception after flashing a custom ROM.
Since this is my first post, my name is Robin and my hobbies are house music, playing the guitar and video games. nice to meet you!
I require some help with flashing a custom rom to my Samsung Galaxy S Advance (GT-I9070).
My goal is to have custom Rom working. The reason to change from stock 2.3.6. to a custom Rom is that is has become too slow and unresponsive to work with. I have changed to CM11 and then to Carbon Rom, and really like it, but both have a problem with reception. This is why i post it here, i don't think it is related to just a single Rom but to my phone in general.
I tried the following:
1. Gain root access through Odin. (baseband was originally I9700XXLK2, Dutch, carrier Tele2, which uses T-mobile network. not sure if the telephone was locked to this carrier).
2. flash TWRP using Odin.
3. download CM11 and google apps and flash it using TWRP.
4. no signal and com.phone.android stopped working every minute, as well as slow response when pressing power button.
5. flashed carbon rom, same problems.
6. went to xda-devs on irc for help, a nice guy explained to me that the problem likely resides in baseband.
7. downloaded the newest stock firmware for T-mobile in the netherlands from sammobile, extracted the modem.bin,md5 (after backing up efs and modem by help of the xda-dev on irc) and flashed it through odin as PDA after creating a tar file out of mode.bin.md5 ( by command tar -H ustar -c modem.img > modem2.tar)
8. Now the problems are gone except for the fact that i still have no reception! and baseband under settings --> phone is "smallband: unknown"!
Does anyone know of a solution to my problem? I wish to get reception. Did i not flash t he new modem image right?