Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 40,033 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Camera app on custom roms vs. Sony stock camera apps

Tip us?

uhraman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Question [Q] Camera app on custom roms vs. Sony stock camera apps

Could you help me with these questions? (I would like to use 4.4 custom rom but do not know how good the camera apps there)

1.How good is camera apps (Google stock camera??) on the 4.4 custom roms in comparison with Sony stock camera app? (My phone is xperia mini).

2.Is it possible to have the Sony camera app on custom roms?

3. Is there any camera app (on google play store) which could be at the same level with the Sony stock camera app?

Thanks in advance.

Dr. Joy Das
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhraman View Post
Could you help me with these questions? (I would like to use 4.4 custom rom but do not know how good the camera apps there)

1.How good is camera apps (Google stock camera??) on the 4.4 custom roms in comparison with Sony stock camera app? (My phone is xperia mini).

2.Is it possible to have the Sony camera app on custom roms?

3. Is there any camera app (on google play store) which could be at the same level with the Sony stock camera app?

Thanks in advance.
Stock camera apps wont work on any CM based custom roms and NO camera app is best at present to be at par.
however you can try snap camera, perfectly clear, or lg camera app
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Joy Das For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

uhraman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Joy Das View Post
Stock camera apps wont work on any CM based custom roms and NO camera app is best at present to be at par.
however you can try snap camera, perfectly clear, or lg camera app
Thank you very much for your clear answer

iPusak Gaoq™
Old
Thanks Meter 810
Hmmm...there a lot of 3rd party camera out there that can work as good as stock ICS camera on our devices....you just have to figure out and tested all of them to know which one is better....
in CM11, they use Slim rom camera that work better then what we have in JB rom....the only thing that it lack is maybe HD recording which is base on custom kernel we use in our rom....
i'm currently using PAC 4.4.2 rom and i gotta say camera in that rom is a good as you can get but if you are not satisfied with it then you can use Camera 360 for taking picture and Camera MX for video recording....don't use Perfectly Clear cause that camera work better on devices that have higher ram than 512mb....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone : Xperia Mini ProAndroid Version : KK 4.4.4Rom : PAC RomsBaseband Version : .587Kernel : v3.4.0-LX

DreamLurker
Old
Thanks Meter 6
You're talking about Kitkat at least say so on the title...