Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,727 Members 52,108 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Keyboard very SLOW while typing on Twitter app

Tip us?

MiloG4M3R
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post Keyboard very SLOW while typing on Twitter app

Hello people. Im new on this forum but Im sure you can help me with my question.
I have a XT910 since October 2013 and my Twitter app (official client) had always run smooth. Since, like, March of 2014 (5, 6 updates maybe?), the keyboard runs EXTREMELY slow when typing, and i've noticed this only happens on the official Twitter app. I had tried three keyboards, the stock one, Swype and Emoji 7 i think. With the three keyboards i had the same problem.
What I did was uninstalling Twitter, and downloading Tweedle, the best client i had found ATM. The thing is that this app has less options than Twitter and I really need to use it nice.
So I'll wait until Twitter fixes this problem (on the Twitter critics on Google Play, a lot of people had commented the same problem).
Meanwhile I hope there is a fix for this.

Had already factory reset twice, installed CM11, now im currently in stock JB again, but no fixes. I hope you can help me.
Sorry for my bad english

Thanks!

Emannxx
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm facing the exact same issue, it appeared after the introduction of the new twitter app (with the revamped interface). I have an Xperia L with Android 4.2 stock, and before the update everything worked smoothly... It's the only app that lags this phone tbh. I hope they fix this soon...

Sent from my C2105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MiloG4M3R
Old
(Last edited by MiloG4M3R; 20th April 2014 at 12:09 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emannxx View Post
I'm facing the exact same issue, it appeared after the introduction of the new twitter app (with the revamped interface). I have an Xperia L with Android 4.2 stock, and before the update everything worked smoothly... It's the only app that lags this phone tbh. I hope they fix this soon...

Sent from my C2105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I think i have a temporal solution. What i did was download the Twitter 5.0.5 apk, this one is the first version with all the new last features and design, and it runs nice.
Now go to Google Play and disable automatic updates.
Download Titanium Backup and with this app you can unconnect the Twitter app with Google Play, so it wont ask you for an update (you need pro version of titanium backup).

Twitter 5.0.5 seems to run good on my Droid Razr, i hope this "fix" can help other people with different devices having the same problem. Keep the apk because if the app gets updated (by mistake)you can do the process again.

Thanks! I hope it works.

Emannxx
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiloG4M3R View Post
I think i have a temporal solution. What i did was download the Twitter 5.0.5 apk, this one is the first version with all the new last features and design, and it runs nice.
Now go to Google Play and disable automatic updates.
Download Titanium Backup and with this app you can unconnect the Twitter app with Google Play, so it wont ask you for an update (you need pro version of titanium backup).

Twitter 5.0.5 seems to run good on my Droid Razr, i hope this "fix" can help other people with different devices having the same problem. Keep the apk because if the app gets updated (by mistake)you can do the process again.

Thanks! I hope it works.
Great! Thank you for the work around. Do you know if I will need root to use that specific feature from Titanium Backup?