XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Z1S Cases and Accessories

Tip us?

gqukyo
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaosPerson View Post
Does the charger charge slower than usb? I heard some reports say 3rd party chargers like that charge the phone really slow
I didn't buy any 3rd party one. I bought the original Sony OEM one. Works the same as the microusb to me.

LaosPerson
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqukyo View Post
I didn't buy any 3rd party one. I bought the original Sony OEM one. Works the same as the microusb to me.
Ah okay thanks
Current device: Xperia Z1S C6916

Retired:Galaxy S3 I747, Galaxy Note I717

Helgaiden
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Thanks for the Nilkin case find! I been looking all over for a decent case. I had the bodyglove one for a little while and was hoping it wouldn't peel like everyone else said it would, and it did so I refunded it. Figured I was gonna be stuck with no legit case and then came this case. Right when I bought it too, it went on sale for $12.95. Anyways, here are some pics. I like how its light and fits well but wish it had a little better corner protection. I had ordered this 2 pack of magnetic charging cables (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and they worked great. With this case though, I had to trim the plastic on the outside edges of the charging cables to get them to properly seat though, but that took all of 5 seconds to do.

KingFaisal
Old
(Last edited by KingFaisal; 21st April 2014 at 12:57 PM.) Reason: New info
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiSHNuTZ View Post
Just a note for anyone looking for tempered glass protectors for the Z1S that have the sensor cutout in the correct place. Like other Nillkin products mentioned here, if you search for Nillkin tempered glass for the Xperia Z1 L39U you will get the correct tempered glass protector for our phones. I ordered a Nillkin tempered glass kit for the L39U off of ebay recently and now have it installed. It has the sensor holes on the right side, as they should be for the Z1S. Finally I was able to remove the shatter film from the front of the Z1S!

A side note, since others have mentioned the SONY logo coming off with the film on the original Z1, I can also confirm that the logo is under the glass on the Z1S, so no worries about the logo coming up with the film on our phones!

Good find. While I was looking for L39u accessories, I found a few cases that should fit the Z1s. However, the question is would Z2 accessories fit the Z1s.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Baseus-PU-Le...item2a3a89b9f3 This made me wonder.... The images would indicate otherwise, but they could be wrong, like many other products on ebay.

EDIT: Nvm, z2 cases won't fit.

t1mman
Old
Thanks Meter 191

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helgaiden View Post
Thanks for the Nilkin case find! I been looking all over for a decent case. I had the bodyglove one for a little while and was hoping it wouldn't peel like everyone else said it would, and it did so I refunded it. Figured I was gonna be stuck with no legit case and then came this case. Right when I bought it too, it went on sale for $12.95. Anyways, here are some pics. I like how its light and fits well but wish it had a little better corner protection. I had ordered this 2 pack of magnetic charging cables (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and they worked great. With this case though, I had to trim the plastic on the outside edges of the charging cables to get them to properly seat though, but that took all of 5 seconds to do.

Used to have a Nilkin on my last phone, the thing cracked and broke within 2-3 months...

gqukyo
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1mman View Post
Used to have a Nilkin on my last phone, the thing cracked and broke within 2-3 months...
Nillkin cases are great. However, they are not bulletproof and are meant only to prevent short falls and scratches on back and sides of the phones. As with all plastic cases though, hitting certain areas on the case in certain angles will cause it to crack.

t1mman
Old
Thanks Meter 191

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqukyo View Post
Nillkin cases are great. However, they are not bulletproof and are meant only to prevent short falls and scratches on back and sides of the phones. As with all plastic cases though, hitting certain areas on the case in certain angles will cause it to crack.
Never droped the case, ended up like this:

gqukyo
Old
Thanks Meter 26
I guess I should've added that like all things in life, sometimes you just get something defective. I, myself, have bought numerous Nillkin cases for numerous phones and from ebay too, though so I can't even vouch for the authenticity but they all worked fine. Don't blame you if you don't want to try their cases again but don't let one case turn you off from the company. Their cases are great, at least the simple hard cases I've used.