Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to enable more languages on my Tab 3

OP bodosko

20th April 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I recently bought a tab 3 SM-T210R in USA and it only have 4 languages (English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, I think)
I want to change to portuguese (Brazil), but I can't. I've already tried some apps that are said to enable more language with no success (MoreLocale2)

So now I think I will have to flash another firmware that comes with more languages, right?
My question is, what firmware do I have to flash? Please, recommend me one. I prefer sticking to a firmware with no or fewer mods as possible.

Thanks.
20th April 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #2  
Flag Oceanside, Ca
Thanks Meter: 32

186 posts
More
Here is the SM-T210 site for firmware for Brazil. However, I do not know if T210 firmware will work on a T210R device. I do not know what the major or minor differences are. Maybe it is just regional and the 210R is for US users while the 201R is for international users. The firmware is different by name but that is all I know.

Added: According to this page - "The only differences between SM-T210 and SM-T210R that we could find are on the supported internal memory and external memory. The SM-T210 support 8/16GB (two version) and only up to 32GB for the external memory in comparison to SM-T210R that only has 8GB internal memory version but supports up to 64GB for the external memory."

So there is a very good possibility that loading the 210 onto the 210R will work. But I cannot guarantee this to be true. Only someone who has tried it can tell you.
Last edited by Brian D; 20th April 2014 at 09:43 PM.
20th April 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I've tried flashing this firmware with Odin 3.09 as said on sammobile.com but ir failed.
Now I tried again but using Odin 3.07, it worked and it's in portuguese

Thanks.
21st April 2014, 02:48 AM   |  #4  
Flag St Louis
Thanks Meter: 81

840 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosko

I've tried flashing this firmware with Odin 3.09 as said on sammobile.com but ir failed.
Now I tried again but using Odin 3.07, it worked and it's in portuguese

Thanks.

Good deal!!!! Now we know it will work!!! thanks for following up
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread