Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,655 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Replaced camera lens cover now phone wont boot ?

Tip us?

evilgenyus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Replaced camera lens cover now phone wont boot ?

So last week i cracked my camera lens cover some how and i purchased a new one and it arrived today. I go to install so i shut down the phone and remove the battery(may have removed the battery before it was completely shutdown). I get everything off and installed and go to start the phone back up and i get the blue led light and the start up sound but thats it. The screen will not turn on all i get is the pulsing blue led and the menu and back button light every few seconds. I tried to hook my phone to kies and it wont recognize it. There were now wires attached to the camera housing cover that you have to pull off so im not sure what happened. The phone will charge but i cant get it to do anything else. I would take it in to sprint but i cracked the cover that you pull off to get to the camera lens cover and i dont want them know that opened it because that will definitely be the 200 deductible. Im trying to fix this myself.
HTC Evo>EVo 3D>Samsung Epic Touch 4g>Samsung Galaxy SIII>...Next up Samsung Galaxy Note II eta unknown

rbeavers
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Try going into recovery and do a system restore.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Screwed by Google. Canceled ICS upgrade on my Moto Photon 4G. and No Update for Photon Q for Kit Kat.

Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE - CM 11.0 M8 - On ting.com - only Pay for what you GET.
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Kit Kat, Stock rooted, twrp recovery. "too new for ting"
Nexus 7 2012 Kit Kat, Stock rooted, twrp recovery.

Retired, Kids Toys, Gave Away &/or Bricked; HTC G1, Samsung Moment, 2 Photon 4G's, Samsung Nexus S 4G, Kindle Fire.

jstn_leslie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes some help on this subject would be much appreciated. I replaced mine last night and my phone boots up but I have almost no functions. It is boggling my mind because some things work fine but most do not. No sound, no phone calls, apps force closing but I can still text and get on Chrome. I have tried restoring some back ups and resorted this morning to flashing stock NAB in odin, still the issues prevail. Now I have no root, no TWRP and my phone is an expensive two way at this point so any advice would be greatly appreciated,

evilgenyus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
I never found the answer. I ended up having to take the phone in for a warranty claim. Luckily they didn't know that it was opened up so I got it replaced for free under an electrical failure. They had no idea what happened after an inspection and everything.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
HTC Evo>EVo 3D>Samsung Epic Touch 4g>Samsung Galaxy SIII>...Next up Samsung Galaxy Note II eta unknown