Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,097 Members 44,177 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] note 8.0 cm11 problem installing. Bricked?

Tip us?
 
amersnap
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Mar 2014
Unhappy [Q] note 8.0 cm11 problem installing. Bricked?

Hey guys, I'm currently having problem with my note 8.0 iI tried installing cm11. Downloaded and followed the steps but after wiping and formatting all the stuff that was in the step I'm having this prob see pic below. It says that I'm using n5110 instead of n5100. Now it keeps rebooting and nothing can be done anymore as I already format everything.. and yea forgot to backup ofc ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140325_194755.jpg
Views:	1183
Size:	219.9 KB
ID:	2651118  
 
gooberdude
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 343
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by amersnap View Post
Hey guys, I'm currently having problem with my note 8.0 iI tried installing cm11. Downloaded and followed the steps but after wiping and formatting all the stuff that was in the step I'm having this prob see pic below. It says that I'm using n5110 instead of n5100. Now it keeps rebooting and nothing can be done anymore as I already format everything.. and yea forgot to backup ofc ...

I assume you did not install a custom recovery???

If you did you need to download the right firmware package and load from the recovery.

You may try Odin 3.7 if you can manage to get into stock firmware upload.
 
kzintz
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 38
Join Date: Apr 2011
Its not bricked - your recovery is probably a cwm - flash twerp if you want to install cm11 - or stock recovery..anyway cm11 is great but no phone...so not great for us 5100
 
amersnap
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberdude View Post
I assume you did not install a custom recovery???

If you did you need to download the right firmware package and load from the recovery.

You may try Odin 3.7 if you can manage to get into stock firmware upload.
How do I install custom recovery? What do you mean? Download stock firmware? How do I install odin. Now when I connect to pc.. it cannot be detected anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzintz View Post
Its not bricked - your recovery is probably a cwm - flash twerp if you want to install cm11 - or stock recovery..anyway cm11 is great but no phone...so not great for us 5100
Thw note cannot be detected anymore in pc. How do I flash or root again :3
 
Harjan112
Old
(Last edited by Harjan112; 1st April 2014 at 04:58 AM.)
#5  
Harjan112's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 119
Join Date: Oct 2011
Download and install Odin 1.85 next search the stock firmware for your model here http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

Get your Note into download mode ( Press and keep holding the Volume Down, Home and Power ) and connect it to your PC, Odin should "see" it the first slot under ID:slot should turn a different color if so you are in good shape, now put the Firmware you download from above mentioned site click PDA*button and select the downloaded .tar.md5 file, Important: In Odin, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are enabled. Also, ensure that the Re-partition checkbox is not enabled and hit start and let Odin do the rest and you should be up and running in no time and now you can start over from scratch


Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
 
themodder
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 12
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by amersnap View Post
Hey guys, I'm currently having problem with my note 8.0 iI tried installing cm11. Downloaded and followed the steps but after wiping and formatting all the stuff that was in the step I'm having this prob see pic below. It says that I'm using n5110 instead of n5100. Now it keeps rebooting and nothing can be done anymore as I already format everything.. and yea forgot to backup ofc ...
Did you fix the problem?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Make a Pre-Rooted Stock Sony ROMs in Just Few Clicks

Many usersdon’t see any particular reason to change out the stock firmware … more

Add Timestamps to Xposed Installer Logs with… Xposed!

If talking about the most interesting projects in the last few years, we must … more

Secrecy Goes Open Source, Assures File Encryption

As some of you may remember, a while back we spoke about Secrecy, an effective file … more

[APK] Google News and Weather Gets Material Design Makeover, Minor Maps Updates

Although Google has somewhat gotten out of the habit of their … more