Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,426 Members 53,798 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Motorola Bootloader Unlock

Tip us?

nasiwarrior
Old
(Last edited by nasiwarrior; 20th April 2014 at 10:22 PM.) Reason: add third question
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Motorola Bootloader Unlock

Hey guys,

I paid 1.69 for an eBay unlock code which was accepted by my (Tesco) Moto G 8GB.

I've saw over at the Motorola site about unlocking the boot-loader and want to know if this also removes carrier lock ?

1. Has the eBay seller given my IMEI to Motorola and already invalidated my warranty ?
2. Have I lost the benefit of Motorola services already ?
3. Has the eBay seller registered himself, with Motorola, as the owner of my device ?

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Thanks Meter 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasiwarrior View Post
Hey guys,

I paid 1.69 for an eBay unlock code which was accepted by my (Tesco) Moto G 8GB.

I've saw over at the Motorola site about unlocking the boot-loader and want to know if this also removes carrier lock ?

1. Has the eBay seller given my IMEI to Motorola and already invalidated my warranty ?
2. Have I lost the benefit of Motorola services already ?
3. Has the eBay seller registered himself, with Motorola, as the owner of my device ?
Uhhh... what?

Carrier unlocking and bootloader unlocking are 2 completely different things. If you carrier unlocked, your warranty is still valid. The seller of the code is not affiliated with Motorola. Nobody can unlock your bootloader without access to your device.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Phones: Motorola Atrix 4G ---> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (temporarily) ---> LG Optimus 3d ---> Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket ---> LG Optimus G ---> Sony Xperia ZL ---> Motorola Moto G
My Roms/Ports: CarbonRom/CarbonClash (port): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181390
Thanks: XDA and all its members. Without you I'd still be an uneducated bumpkin complaining about my shi**y phone.