Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,452 Members 42,732 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] sound problem

Tip us?

Mohamed_Aly
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] sound problem

So .. I was washing my phone under a very low pressure tap water .. and got my phone's speaker entered by water which made the sound very low and distorted .. not a big thing .. happened before and then it dried and the sound came back as it was before .. but this time it took about 2 days !! I did every thing i could .. put it in a bag of rice .. tried to suck out water with vacuum cleaner .. but nothing happened
is my speaker damaged or I have to wait longer ? this problem is starting to freak me out
thanks in advance .
Nokia 3230 > Nokia N73 Music Edition > Samsung S5230 Star > iPhone 3GS > Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 > Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 > Sony Xperia Z C6602 > Sony Xperia Z1 C6903

LotoTutu
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohamed_Aly View Post
So .. I was washing my phone under a very low pressure tap water .. and got my phone's speaker entered by water which made the sound very low and distorted .. not a big thing .. happened before and then it dried and the sound came back as it was before .. but this time it took about 2 days !! I did every thing i could .. put it in a bag of rice .. tried to suck out water with vacuum cleaner .. but nothing happened
is my speaker damaged or I have to wait longer ? this problem is starting to freak me out
thanks in advance .
If you have not update any software at that time. The your speaker is broken due to water.
So you'd better dry your phone asap. Or the water will affect other spare parts.
The rice can dry the spare part of the phone, not the whole phone. To dry the phone, you have to assembly it.
I don't suggest you to send it to Sony customer services, which will cost too much time.
You'd better sent it to repair store near you.
The fastest way is repairing it by yourself. But it is not a easy task.
The Following User Says Thank You to LotoTutu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KWOKSFUNG
Old
Thanks Meter 42
haha... i didnt feel it as serious as u do
yeah the volume gets low and worse
but ok to wait for a while
2 days?? i dont feel it
The Following User Says Thank You to KWOKSFUNG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mandeep148
Old
Thanks Meter 234
It's common, it's water proof phone obviously speakers are water proof, just shake your phone and move cloth on body holes. It will be fine, I did same.

Sent from my C6902 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Mandeep148 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]