does the fingerprint scanner contribute to Google system drain

OP topaz330

20th April 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

179 posts
Got a pretty big drainage on my battery yesterday and after making some adjustments to syncing, changing location to battery saver, and some minor things I'm hoping it improves. I did notice though that Google systems was the main culprit and was wondering if unlocking the phone with the fingerprint scanner drains more battery than the traditional way. Anyone know?
21st April 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 162

1,763 posts
I am having the same drain...I dont know what's going on.
21st April 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #3  
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 49

190 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz330

Got a pretty big drainage on my battery yesterday and after making some adjustments to syncing, changing location to battery saver, and some minor things I'm hoping it improves. I did notice though that Google systems was the main culprit and was wondering if unlocking the phone with the fingerprint scanner drains more battery than the traditional way. Anyone know?

battery life here has been amazing. far better than what i was getting with my S3. i wouldn't think that the fingerprint scanner would use more battery than say pattern or pin unlocking. but i do not know that for sure. i kow i can unlock my phone, respond to a text message and shut off again faster with fingerprint scanner than i can with pin code.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread