Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,856 Members 46,500 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

does the fingerprint scanner contribute to Google system drain

Tip us?

topaz330
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default does the fingerprint scanner contribute to Google system drain

Got a pretty big drainage on my battery yesterday and after making some adjustments to syncing, changing location to battery saver, and some minor things I'm hoping it improves. I did notice though that Google systems was the main culprit and was wondering if unlocking the phone with the fingerprint scanner drains more battery than the traditional way. Anyone know?

EVOme
Old
Thanks Meter 149
I am having the same drain...I dont know what's going on.
-----------
Device: Galaxy S5

Hobson318
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz330 View Post
Got a pretty big drainage on my battery yesterday and after making some adjustments to syncing, changing location to battery saver, and some minor things I'm hoping it improves. I did notice though that Google systems was the main culprit and was wondering if unlocking the phone with the fingerprint scanner drains more battery than the traditional way. Anyone know?
battery life here has been amazing. far better than what i was getting with my S3. i wouldn't think that the fingerprint scanner would use more battery than say pattern or pin unlocking. but i do not know that for sure. i kow i can unlock my phone, respond to a text message and shut off again faster with fingerprint scanner than i can with pin code.