Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 42,356 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon Stock ROM/nandroid

Tip us?

deeznuts
Old
(Last edited by deeznuts; 20th April 2014 at 10:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4itg View Post
I had no problems flashing this nandroid and no it didn't mess anything up. Just gave me an unrooted and untouched stock ROM that allowed me to take the OTA.
But you still have S-Off so after you do this you can then flash fastboot twrp recovery correct? Then from there you can install any custom rom and flash again root and be back to where you were but with all updated firmwares and what not?

Just want to make sure all my bases are covered and do this correctly? Thanks!

Can i do this? Do a TWRP nandroid backup of where i'm at right now (viper rom 1.3.1, tweaks, etc), then flash this stock backup, get the Verizon OTA update to so i'm all updated. Then I just need to flash TWRP again, then i can restore my backup i did before the update? This sound right? I'm S-Off.
Device: Verizon HTC One (M8)
Current Rom: Stock

w4itg
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeznuts View Post
But you still have S-Off so after you do this you can then flash fastboot twrp recovery correct? Then from there you can install any custom rom and flash again root and be back to where you were but with all updated firmwares and what not?

Just want to make sure all my bases are covered and do this correctly? Thanks!

Can i do this? Do a TWRP nandroid backup of where i'm at right now (viper rom 1.3.1, tweaks, etc), then flash this stock backup, get the Verizon OTA update to so i'm all updated. Then I just need to flash TWRP again, then i can restore my backup i did before the update? This sound right? I'm S-Off.
Yes that is correct. I'm still S-off and was able to flash TWRP which allowed me to flash root.zip. I'm still on stock though because I haven't decided what to flash next. These updates are coming too fast and I don't feel like fresh installing and setting up every time an update comes out. Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to w4itg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deeznuts
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4itg View Post
Yes that is correct. I'm still S-off and was able to flash TWRP which allowed me to flash root.zip. I'm still on stock though because I haven't decided what to flash next. These updates are coming too fast and I don't feel kind fresh installing and setting up every time an update comes out. How this helps.
Perfect thank you!
Device: Verizon HTC One (M8)
Current Rom: Stock

Infinite7154
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Downloaded file...thx for the help. Placed in internal storage using ES File Explorer. Unzipped file. Rebooted into TWRP recovery, did a factory reset, hit restore and it's blank. Is there a certain file within the internal storage that the backup needs to be placed?
Current Device:AT&T LG G3 Ulocked-LG G3 Unlock app http://goo.gl/UgfVGA
Previous Devices: AT&T HTC One Stock, Verizon HTC One M8 Stock Rooted S-Off, Nexus 5(4X), Moto X(2X), LG G2, Nexus 4(2X), HTC One, Galaxy S IV, Galaxy SIII, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Razr, Motorola Photon, HTC EVO 4G
Twitter:@errolwarren
Instagram:Infinite7154

Antagonist42
Old
Thanks Meter 190
If it's a constant throughout the TWRP Recoveries I'd try:

/TWRP/Backups/*Possibly_Phone_Serial.Number*/Date_or_Name_of_Bakup/ then your backup files in here.

Bashing away at my HTC Desire C
Wanna get inside what ya got, gotta get out and find it..I found some!
THE END IS NIGH....S-OFF HERE WE COME...
The Latest ACER E320/C6 Rom From Xakep - Very Slick
ACER E320 1.005.00 ROM EUU
The Following User Says Thank You to Antagonist42 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Infinite7154
Old
(Last edited by Infinite7154; 21st April 2014 at 04:21 AM.) Reason: New info
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist42 View Post
If it's a constant throughout the TWRP Recoveries I'd try:

/TWRP/Backups/*Possibly_Phone_Serial.Number*/Date_or_Name_of_Bakup/ then your backup files in here.

Bashing away at my HTC Desire C
Thanks for the quick reply. It's still blank. I'm going to try to change the folder name with the serial number to my serial number. Maybe that's the issue.

Edit:Editing the folder with the serial number to the serial number of my phone did the trick. Thanks for the back up and the help!
Current Device:AT&T LG G3 Ulocked-LG G3 Unlock app http://goo.gl/UgfVGA
Previous Devices: AT&T HTC One Stock, Verizon HTC One M8 Stock Rooted S-Off, Nexus 5(4X), Moto X(2X), LG G2, Nexus 4(2X), HTC One, Galaxy S IV, Galaxy SIII, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Razr, Motorola Photon, HTC EVO 4G
Twitter:@errolwarren
Instagram:Infinite7154
The Following User Says Thank You to Infinite7154 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]