Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,452 Members 42,907 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Conspiracy Theory] - VZN "so called leak"

Tip us?

Jhall8
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by slagg3r View Post
To anyone who's actually got this to work does it wipe your device? Or is everything intact?

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
Nothing was wiped on my device.

tkuligowski
Old
(Last edited by tkuligowski; 18th April 2014 at 01:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 42
Was root lost for anyone that's rooted using this Verizon method? Hoping OTA survival will work on this with superSU

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Update: I upgraded to kitkat via the verizon software upgrade assistant. If you check status afterwards it will say you're still rooted, but you will not be (this obviously implies you were rooted and updated through this method) However ioRoot25 is so easy to use. I was rooted again in about 2 minutes. Life is good.

juanzr1
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Don't feel bad if you can't get upgrade assistant to pop up, I have it but can't even update it cause it Doesn't finish the download it's always stopping in the middle of the download. Verizon continues to fail still no ota

ricecake2000
Old
Thanks Meter 52
The only thing that it did with mine was reset my status bar and I noticed GPS is gone as an option.

z3pp3lin
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricecake2000 View Post
The only thing that it did with mine was reset my status bar and I noticed GPS is gone as an option.

GPS is replaced with Location in Kit Kat.

Sent from my XDABBEB's VS98024A using xda app-developers app

TEXASMADE1978
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Finally.....

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1397848437775.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	2694642  
TEXASMADE1978
Running Task's Beastly AOKP On My GS2 & GS3/ Verizon LG G2 Stock & Rooted (ATM)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TEXASMADE1978 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lawlrus
Old
Thanks Meter 1242
24a apparently unlocks band 4 so gg to people that have access to it. 80mbps

Sent from my Vs980 Running Xdabbeb's 24a

John Cantrell
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkuligowski View Post
Was root lost for anyone that's rooted using this Verizon method? Hoping OTA survival will work on this with superSU

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Update: I upgraded to kitkat via the verizon software upgrade assistant. If you check status afterwards it will say you're still rooted, but you will not be (this obviously implies you were rooted and updated through this method) However ioRoot25 is so easy to use. I was rooted again in about 2 minutes. Life is good.
I lost root. I had tried taking the OTA three times each time ended in the 0x111104 or something error. I know it's supposed to be stock with stock recovery which mine was stock with stock recovery - only rooted. But since I use Titanium backup I had incorporated all my system app updates into rom ( I hate wasting ram when it should be in rom ). It didn't dawn on me that was what was causing the error at first. So I used the lg mobile support tool to update my phone, and of course it wiped everything back to factory fresh only on 24a software without root. No big deal except of course it wiped everything including the "sd card" meaning all of Titanium Backup stuff was wiped as well - oh well guess it's a good thing I had copied all the files to my computer a month or so ago.... Lesson learned if you use the tool to update make a backup of everything first and move it to your computer BEFORE trying to update. I blame it mostly on being out of town and in a late night fog....lol