XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ARHD 41.0 and Netflix

Tip us?

Verosend
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] ARHD 41.0 and Netflix

I recently changed from CM 10.2 to ARHD 41.0 and am having no operational issues .. save for Netflix. Launching a video is no problem, however, the video is very stuttery, and wasn't a problem before. I've tried clearing the apps cache and uninstalling/reinstalling it to no avail. Has anyone else have this problem?

tvidal
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verosend View Post
I recently changed from CM 10.2 to ARHD 41.0 and am having no operational issues .. save for Netflix. Launching a video is no problem, however, the video is very stuttery, and wasn't a problem before. I've tried clearing the apps cache and uninstalling/reinstalling it to no avail. Has anyone else have this problem?
I've had this same issue... just go to:
- Settings
- Developer Options ()
- Advanced
- Check "Disable HW overlays"
- Check "Force GPU rendering"
- Check "Force 4x MSAA"

restart.

Verosend
Old
(Last edited by Verosend; 2nd January 2014 at 08:08 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
This has helped alot, thanks!

Still a wee bit of sutter, but nowhere near as bad. I found that Disable HW Overlay and Force 4X MSAA are not staying enabled after a reboot.

ps3playa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default same issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verosend View Post
This has helped alot, thanks!

Still a wee bit of sutter, but nowhere near as bad. I found that Disable HW Overlay and Force 4X MSAA are not staying enabled after a reboot.
I'm noticing the same issue with only my Netflix (53.0 and 62.0 both; YouTube worked great) and I definitely noticed improvement after changing these settings. It's still not as clear & smooth as it is on my S4 though. Could it be an ARHD issue? does complete stock have the same issue? I'm a little new to be flash back to stock to test this and was wondering if someone else would be brave enough.