Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 54,185 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Broken transistor

Tip us?

gliliumho
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Broken transistor

Hi, I tried to fix my screen since I suspect the connection was loose or something. Unfortunately, when I tried to remove the connector, I accidentally broke one of the 3 transistors beside the connector.

Anyone know how to fix it without replacing the entire main board?

gliliumho
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Here are the images for the broken transistor
http://imgur.com/a/5oyls

The phone boots and the 3 buttons still lights up but the screen won't show anything. That's all.

aromerblz
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliliumho View Post
Here are the images for the broken transistor
http://imgur.com/a/5oyls

The phone boots and the 3 buttons still lights up but the screen won't show anything. That's all.
Seems that only a main board change would help you.. those types of fixes are extremely hard to solder.. let alone you have to know what type of transistors the board uses..
The Following User Says Thank You to aromerblz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gliliumho
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aromerblz View Post
Seems that only a main board change would help you.. those types of fixes are extremely hard to solder.. let alone you have to know what type of transistors the board uses..
There goes my One X. The cheapest board I can find on eBay is $100+. Any idea where I can get it at a lower price? Would sending it back to HTC cost less to fix?

aromerblz
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliliumho View Post
There goes my One X. The cheapest board I can find on eBay is $100+. Any idea where I can get it at a lower price? Would sending it back to HTC cost less to fix?
I was doing a some Google research for you and it seems sending your phone to HTC for repair is the best bet. Depending on your location you may have high shipping charges.suggest you contact HTC and let them do the math on prices.. Depending on the total cost you can then decide if getting the one from eBay/Amazon is best.
The Following User Says Thank You to aromerblz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gliliumho
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aromerblz View Post
I was doing a some Google research for you and it seems sending your phone to HTC for repair is the best bet. Depending on your location you may have high shipping charges.suggest you contact HTC and let them do the math on prices.. Depending on the total cost you can then decide if getting the one from eBay/Amazon is best.
I was planning on emailing them to see if they can give me some guidelines on ghetto fixing it or whatever.
Thanks a lot for your help. =)

aromerblz
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Also your issue is not the screen, it's the mainboard.. so telling HTC it's a screen issue might just complicate things. Just play innocent when contacting them.

Tags
broken, broken transistor, transistor