Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 53,012 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Installed stock rom but Motochopper said root already exists...

Tip us?

serkobe
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question Installed stock rom but Motochopper said root already exists...

As I mentioned, I rooted my tf700t and installed stock non-rooted 4.2.1 JB rom from Asus' site. But now I need to root the device again. I tried to do this with Motochopper but it said that root is already exists in my device.
How can I handle with this ?

Thank you from now for all response.

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12316

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by serkobe View Post
As I mentioned, I rooted my tf700t and installed stock non-rooted 4.2.1 JB rom from Asus' site. But now I need to root the device again. I tried to do this with Motochopper but it said that root is already exists in my device.
How can I handle with this ?

Thank you from now for all response.
Motochopper can't root the latest .10 update. I think you can go to .8, root with motochopper and then use voodoo ota rootkeeper to keep root via ota update.
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF300T | TF201T | ME301T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700T Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201T Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF701

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X / CROMBi-kk Development

serkobe
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
Motochopper can't root the latest .10 update. I think you can go to .8, root with motochopper and then use voodoo ota rootkeeper to keep root via ota update.
Cannot understand clearly.. Could you explain more please what the ".10" is and about ota rootkeeper?

berndblb
Old
Thanks Meter 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by serkobe View Post
Cannot understand clearly.. Could you explain more please what the ".10" is and about ota rootkeeper?
sbdags meant the 10.6.1.14.10 firmware. Motochopper only worked up to 10.6.1.14.8.
One way to get root on .10 is to downgrade to .8, root with Motochopper, use Voodoo Rootkeeper to backup your root and then let the tablet upate to the latest .10 firmware by accepting the OTA update from Asus (which you should get by checking for system updates from Settings), then restore root with Voodoo Rootkeeper.
A little easier is to use Kingo Android Root. It will root the .10 firmware, but it only works on Windows I think.

serkobe
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
sbdags meant the 10.6.1.14.10 firmware. Motochopper only worked up to 10.6.1.14.8.
One way to get root on .10 is to downgrade to .8, root with Motochopper, use Voodoo Rootkeeper to backup your root and then let the tablet upate to the latest .10 firmware by accepting the OTA update from Asus (which you should get by checking for system updates from Settings), then restore root with Voodoo Rootkeeper.
A little easier is to use Kingo Android Root. It will root the .10 firmware, but it only works on Windows I think.
I'll try very soon. Thank you a lot
Tags
exists, root, tf700t, unroot