[KERNEL][UNOFFICIAL BUILDS][JB/KK][Vx.43v76]DorimanX Test builds

Search This thread

dkgr_ser

Feb 9, 2012
Agree..
Just because we can, doesn't mean we have to..
considering there are lots of different devices, and not all of them could survive that "boiling point".. Just sayin ?

Running 0401 Sabered SlimKat | DorimanX 10.43v99.1

Our phones are too old to care about surviving another two years or more, and in general such an increase to a CPU's throttle temp (which is of course set by the manufacturer to a point below the actual limit of the CPU) affects just a little the overall lifetime of the soc's internals which is practically endless... it usually exceeds 10 years, will you keep the phone that much?:confused:

The problem is the heat that reaches other parts of the phone, such as screen or the plastics. Because yes, ****in plastic melts down... But a 10C raise to the throttle temperature or at most 5C raise to the heat that reaches other parts (cause it spreads to the whole phone surface) can't cause any damage, at least not soon.;)

So yeap, consider increasing the throttle temp isn't bad if you know what you're doing. Many games like asphalt 8 are ALMOST unplayble even on lower settings, while GPU o/ced to 440Mhz. CPU at 800Mhz just ****s everything up...:crying: After all to such an old phone we need more power so we can be happy about running every app till we buy a new one, not crying about its lifetime, cause then it's only use will be as phone and an alarm clock:rolleyes::silly: My nokia's battery though lasts for 2 weeks...:cowboy:

mosespl

Mar 19, 2012
Wrocław
Our phones are too old to care about surviving another two years or more, and in general such an increase to a CPU's throttle temp (which is of course set by the manufacturer to a point below the actual limit of the CPU) affects just a little the overall lifetime of the soc's internals which is practically endless... it usually exceeds 10 years, will you keep the phone that much?:confused:

The problem is the heat that reaches other parts of the phone, such as screen or the plastics. Because yes, ****in plastic melts down... But a 10C raise to the throttle temperature or at most 5C raise to the heat that reaches other parts (cause it spreads to the whole phone surface) can't cause any damage, at least not soon.;)

So yeap, consider increasing the throttle temp isn't bad if you know what you're doing. Many games like asphalt 8 are ALMOST unplayble even on lower settings, while GPU o/ced to 440Mhz. CPU at 800Mhz just ****s everything up...:crying: After all to such an old phone we need more power so we can be happy about running every app till we buy a new one, not crying about its lifetime, cause then it's only use will be as phone and an alarm clock:rolleyes::silly: My nokia's battery though lasts for 2 weeks...:cowboy:

Mate that because kk on cm11 for our phone miss proper drivers for games. Kitkat for our phone even never realesed. Our kitkat is just a taste of real 4.4. Our phone is elder and legacy:p if you want to play games on UC or OC i recommend you solid 4.1.2 modification+dori v8branch and that is the best compilation for games.
Fantastic work and congratulations for all devs in this thread.

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9100 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Reactions: Twiq and MEMOREX2

budsixz

Aug 3, 2012
V9.43 v107 by comp is working good till now(no sod or anything)
will report more later

Sent from my GT-i9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spaulding89

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
You don't wanna know.....
degyrune.jpg

by4ypagy.jpg

after so nice uptime and stability I have to update my rom now....to latest SaberKat by @fusionjack ....i'm really outdated right now....
Great work devs[emoji106][emoji106][emoji108][emoji108][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji56]

Beam-ed through your pineal gland via//Android 4.4.2.:p//

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
After a reboot with the new v107 my phone shows a partition error and ... now, i'm not have success to reflash another kernel ...
I believe or i lost my partition table or i have problems with my rom/kernel ... i need to do a backup and reinstall my rom again ...

new 107??? ...10.x branch?.....weird.....i've updated my Sabered Kat yesterday including reflashing kernel and all was "dirty" flash ......0 issues.....although browser window opens and tells me to fix res/dev/data or smth simmilar.....but.....I can't really afford data wipe right now.....[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Reactions: marjune23

Twiq

After a reboot with the new v107 my phone shows a partition error and ... now, i'm not have success to reflash another kernel ...
I believe or i lost my partition table or i have problems with my rom/kernel ... i need to do a backup and reinstall my rom again ...

That is horror.. But flashing stock rom with odin restores the partition table right? If the bootloader didn't get destroyed too that is ?

I hope you manage to fix your device ASAP

Running 0401 Sabered SlimKat | DorimanX 10.43v106

Reactions: marjune23

RovG

Jul 17, 2011
@StanTRC, @Phil3759 has created an awesome touch interface for recovery. He has also made most of it open source. I believe that it will enhance this kernel even more if we had it. Please will you consider merging it with the new updated recovery that you have created.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860
Phil3769 was providing his touch recovery with stock kernel for i9100 but has since stopped due to kernel source constraints http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1877270

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011

which rom mate ? Spirit ?
I'll reboot now to see what'll happen ....:fingers-crossed:

cybernetus

I'll need to install all things again. The problem is on recovery i believe.
I don't have success on installation of rom, kernel etc. The recovery isn't get the properties of the device ... it's a strange error.
I don't see this error before ...

That is horror.. But flashing stock rom with odin restores the partition table right? If the bootloader didn't get destroyed too that is ?

I hope you manage to fix your device ASAP

Running 0401 Sabered SlimKat | DorimanX 10.43v106

There is no problem on fix this. I get the pit file on this topic http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/mod-partition-internal-memory-app-t2538947
And the problem is solved. But i believe i have another problem. I need to format all partitions again to get the phone up :)
This is a strange problem with my phone or with the v107 :) I believe the problem is on my phone :)

new 107??? ...10.x branch?.....weird.....i've updated my Sabered Kat yesterday including reflashing kernel and all was "dirty" flash ......0 issues.....although browser window opens and tells me to fix res/dev/data or smth simmilar.....but.....I can't really afford data wipe right now.....[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Hummm i neeed to reinstall all things again. But i believe this is a local problem on my phone.
Not a problem with the Kernel.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Yeah, i'm on spirit now :)

Reactions: cdaarif and Twiq

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys!
    So from observations by @rkoby13 and myself, there seems to be a demand for regular builds of DorimanX's kernel!
    This thread will serve as a place for logs, reports, and discussion relating to these unofficial builds by me.
    Currently the plan is to compile v9 builds, whenever @dorimanx adds major updates or significant modifications to his source, however this may, and probably will, result in UNSTABLE AND EXPERIMENTAL RELEASES
    Disclaimer:
    Dori tests highly experimental commits prerelease, and if your device is damaged, wiped, or in any way negatively affected by these releases it's not the fault of Dorimanx, or me. In flashing these releases you accept full responsibility for any consequences of its use.

In this op, I'll have a log of which builds are most stable and which ones have bugs reported or major issues in code, and builds with extreme issues will be removed.
    As x.39 was just released, the first build will be uploaded after the next major addition to the kernel sources, and every major change after that.
    If there is a commit that I have not considered major but is important to you, either reply to the thread or pm me with a link to the commit, and I'll probably update the build to include it. In future, I may also build v8 kernels until their end of life, if many people show a desire for this :)
    Finally, just a reminder not to post logs or reports/discuss these builds in any other thread, thanks :)
    I'll also soon be adding my new and improved stweaks settings guide, nearly everything is covered now.
    Source: http://github.com/dorimanx/dorimanx-SG2-I9100-Kernel
    http://github.com/dorimanx/initramfs3
    if anyone has a domain they'd like to offer to mirror I'd be glad (hint hint)
    dorimanx has decided to help out with building sometimes, and he'll post here! and apparently no one reads whole op, is this big enough?

latest build by cybernetus :) http://www.dorimanx.ataliba.net
    aaaaaand computoncio has a fileserver too now!
    http://dorimanx.casoncia.org
    Great News!

Are you ready???

Hyper Drive Online!
    We are jumping to 4.4.y galaxy system!!! :highfive:

new 3 kernels uploaded to my BETA storage! before release!

we need to test the support and see if any problems!

So all goes like this:
    All kernels support 4.4.y ROMS!

8.x support = STOCK, 4.1.y, 4.2.y, 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv1(STOCK) maliv2 all the rest!
    9.x support = 4.1.y, 4.2.y, 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv2 only!

10.x support = 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv3 only!

mali = video driver (for new users that dont care to look for answers)

This is BETA v48!

Kernel has same commits as V47 + maliv3 branch now 10.43 version :)

Initramfs > https://github.com/dorimanx/initramfs3/commit/d2408d668240fa0fa11f0650a96650c39de6a39c

Big thanks to @fusionjack for init scripts and hacked sql for 4.4.2 :)

have fun testing!

(dont forget! you cant install 4.4.y ROM from my kernel recovery!)
    so if you want to install ROM as SEC you will have to replace META-INF forlder
    with one that i will attach here!

it's simple changing the way perms added to ROM for selinux! we dont have it, so it's not important.

Open ROM zip. push the META-INF from my zip inside, and save all back.

Install as SEC or PRI ROM.

this is for fusionjack 4.4.2 build!!!!

other roms may have other things in install script! so it's possible to compare if something missing from ORIGINAL fusionjack folder.

all changes are HERE:
    META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script

i have added the ORIGINAL script for compare / revert.
    soooo :) seems to be that we are close to awesome kernel version!

i need to sit and add support for 4.4.x android and rename maliv3 branch.

i am very busy at my job, end of year is coming and our customers very happy to spend all remaining budget on cool stuff that they not always need :)

so i have high pressure OC for my brain to make all done for all!

and XDA is one more customer for me :)

so please report if any bad things happen, and kernel is this problem, and not some app that went crazy :)

happy new coming year for all!
    News Update!

I have FOUND and fixed:

*Fixed RO bug with 4.4.y ROMS
    *Fixed parse error in SAMMY builds (need to test)
    *Fixed not sticking theme, root access, timezone, lang, and other system stuff
    after BOOT! :laugh::highfive:
    This was HUGE bug that i was looking to solve half a year now! and finally its GONE!

*Fixed init perms on folders.
    *Added all new updates from main line.

Uploaded V53 all branches to my BETA Storage! :)

Merry Christmas! every one!

when i have found the BUGS i was LIKE!

HHHHHAAAAAA!!!!

Warhammer-40-000-Space-Marine-Only-War-Thunder-Hammer-Trailer_7.jpg

EXERMINATE! DELETE!

Warhammer-40-000-Space-Marine-Only-War-Thunder-Hammer-Trailer_3.jpg

Kernels > https://github.com/dorimanx/Doriman...mmit/288e53a3675cad94a0bdb085e49299310b3397cd

Initramfs > https://github.com/dorimanx/initramfs3/commit/ea5a8d10e324f3d7a357ecf46989d7a35c4ddaea

Have fun testing! :)

DEBUG!
    first boot with V53 will be:
    ~ # dmesg | grep property
    dmesg | grep property
    <6>sec-battery sec-battery: sec_bat_set_property: cable was changed(4)
    <11>init: skipping insecure property file persist.sys.themePackageName (uid=0 gid=1001 nlink=1 mode=100770)
    <11>init: skipping insecure property file persist.sys.usb.config (uid=0 gid=1001 nlink=1 mode=100770)
    <11>init: skipping insecure property file persist.sys.ui.hw (uid=0 gid=1001 nlink=1 mode=100770)
    <11>init: skipping insecure property file persist.sys.camera-sound (uid=0 gid=1001 nlink=1 mode=100770)
    <11>init: skipping insecure property file persist.sys.root_access (uid=0 gid=1001 nlink=1 mode=100770)
    <11>init: skipping insecure property file persist.sys.themeId (uid=0 gid=1001 nlink=1 mode=100770)
    ~ #

SEC BOOT and any others!

dmesg | grep property
    ~ #

~ #

dmesg | grep property
    ~ #

dmesg | grep property

PEACE! Yee!
    hi to fearless beta testers.

i want to address the sg2 nation :)

its my birthday today, and i have enoth $ to buy new device.

So as i wished i will buy new sg4 i9505 device next week.

my device will be converted to nice and simple phone, (with my kernel) and passed to my wife. so i will keep updating kernel from main line, and keep adding good stuff i will see.

so Sg4 nation will get "new" dev to boost the fun :)

so all who want to join me, dont wait :)

any way sg4 is great but very different, so its will take some time for me to learn, and start from 0.

i will release stable release for all.

and in case of recovery code from gm will be open, i will do all i can to update recovery.

happy new year my friends :)

Sent from my GT-I9100