[Q] Camera not connecting

20th April 2014, 12:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
I've had my M7 as a back up device for a few months, now just getting to rooting and ROM'ing. The Sense is nice, but I hoping to get as close to a Nexus/clean android experience as possible. I flashed CM11 last night, happy with it except the camera is not working. So... a couple questions:

1) is there any ROMs that the camera actually works? (kitkat?)
2) do I need to find a Sense ROM to make the camera work again?

Thanks all!

R.
Last edited by krakora; 20th April 2014 at 06:49 PM. Reason: specific title
20th April 2014, 02:47 AM   |  #2  

1 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakora

I've had my M7 as a back up device for a few months, now just getting to rooting and ROM'ing. The Sense is nice, but I hoping to get as close to a Nexus/clean android experience as possible. I flashed CM11 last night, happy with it except the camera is not working. So... a couple questions:

1) is there any ROMs that the camera actually works? (kitkat?)
2) do I need to find a Sense ROM to make the camera work again?

Thanks all!

R.

Hello, R.

I've been a regular user of the CM11 Nightlies (most recently "11-20140319-NIGHTLY-m7spr") as my daily driver and have had no problems with the camera myself.
What, specifically, is it doing or not doing? Is it force closing, freezing, etc., or not opening at all?
20th April 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw0817

Hello, R.

I've been a regular user of the CM11 Nightlies (most recently "11-20140319-NIGHTLY-m7spr") as my daily driver and have had no problems with the camera myself.
What, specifically, is it doing or not doing? Is it force closing, freezing, etc., or not opening at all?

Thanks for the response. It begins to open the application then gives a "Camera Error"... "Can't connect to the camera". I've tried force closing, clearing cache, rebooting. Nothing is working, everything else is perfect. So strange. Also, tried downloading other camera apps from the play store, no go. What else am I missing besides reflashing the whole ROM again??

Thanks again!

Rich
20th April 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #4  
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 7,851

8,189 posts
Donate to Me
More
Greetings,
Please post all questions in Q&A in the future.

Thank You,
BD619
20th April 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619

Greetings,
Please post all questions in Q&A in the future.

Thank You,
BD619

Understood. Any ideas here guys? After additional searching, one comment was that it could be a conflict in kernals. ie: I flashed a CM ROM but kept a Sense kernal? I am S-On... so not sure if that was the issue.....
20th April 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #6  
Flag San Jose, CA
Thanks Meter: 200

975 posts
More
If others aren't having this problem, I highly doubt it's a problem with the ROM itself. Would you mind doing a clean wipe and reflashing? And yes, don't flash anything except the CM ROM and the Gapps.
21st April 2014, 05:56 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauprankul

If others aren't having this problem, I highly doubt it's a problem with the ROM itself. Would you mind doing a clean wipe and reflashing? And yes, don't flash anything except the CM ROM and the Gapps.

Thanks sauprankul. Yes I ended up (re)flashing another ROM and all is working. I used Goo manager, which I'm sure is offensive to the purists out there. . Thanks again for everyone's input.

R.
21st April 2014, 07:33 AM   |  #8  
Flag San Jose, CA
Thanks Meter: 200

975 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakora

Thanks sauprankul. Yes I ended up (re)flashing another ROM and all is working. I used Goo manager, which I'm sure is offensive to the purists out there. . Thanks again for everyone's input.

R.

You're absolutely right. Any app that you get off the play store scares the crap out of me. But I'm glad everything is working now.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread